1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

New 6900 !!!!!!! Updated with pics

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by Chris H, Dec 14, 2011.

1. Chris H

Chris H New Member

I am self taught and have had a lot of help from many on this site. Yesterday I mounted my eleventh or so deer. It was on the new 6900 and it was by far much better than any thing I have done to this point. I cant stop looking at it, really I cant believe I mounted it. Sure it has its problems, but I am a perfectionist. Not tooting my horn, but either this taxidermy thing finally clicked with me (I highly daught it) or this form is awesome. If I can, this will be my form of choice by far.

Let me know were I need to improve.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Kyle Lakey

Kyle Lakey Active Member

Re: New 6900 !!!!!!!

So 27 seconds ago... lol sorry had to do it ;) totally kidding. I've yet to mount on one but will this week. Form looks good and lot of good comments on them on here so far.

3. Matt

Matt Active Member

Going to be doing a bunch of them on it this season. I hope it's everything everyone says it is!

4. antlerman

antlerman NTA Life Member #0118

I love the facials on the form. Everything seems to fit right and go where it is suppose to, and it has a good look to it. I do think the outward neck swell is a bit much, but that can be an easy fix if you also think so. The nice thing is I don't have to fix the face first like the others.

5. Kyle Lakey

Kyle Lakey Active Member

I've got a bunch of orders for them this year too. I agree on the neck swell Tim. The nostrils are still a bit too flared for my taste also.

6. Bo Hersey

Bo Hersey Member

I agree face looks great but the outward swell especially for short hair deer is much .

7. verne

verne Well-Known Member

Love the brisket ; would like a more rounder neck ,like the swell from the front ,looks thin from the side;7 1/4 e to n would be nice in the smaller sizes.the deep nostrils are nice to.eyes and tear ducks nice ;always fun to do a mount on a new form !

8. rayray38821

rayray38821 New Member

I like the form but the face is to dang fat for these deer. It needs to be a little more slinder.

9. mdupertuis

mdupertuis Active Member

I am going to try this form on a couple of my personal deer I am re-mounting. I like the look of the brisket and the face. I will be shaving a little off the swell from the look of it. It will be tough to get me away from my favorite Gene Smith forms from Headquarters. Gene does an awesome job on the brisket and face.

10. Chris H

Chris H New Member

now with pics

11. antlerman

antlerman NTA Life Member #0118

Not too bad. There are two things that jump out at me. One you probably see and know and one perhaps not. The most obvious is your eye area including the shape, gland and carnicular area and the less obvious is the antler set. Too high and too far back causing you some problems. Fix those two areas and you'll have a pretty decent looking mount there buddy.

12. RICKP

RICKP Let'er Buck

X2 on the Eye area.. (Reference's)