1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Instructional Video Opinion....

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by zubba, Apr 13, 2007.

1. zubba

zubba Active Member

I recently purchased from www.taxidermy.net Lesson 6 Mounting a Whitetail Deer (with Sally D). The video was OK, but it was OLD. The copyright was 1990!!!! I wish I would have known that before buying, but oh well....it still helped out.

I'm looking to purchase two more videos. I want another Whitetail mounting video and I want a Squirrel mounting video. Do anyone recommend any certain video for these applications. I'm looking for a well detailed up-to-date video. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

2. Joe Meder for whitetail, look in Mckenzie. Put the tape you bought on ebay, you will almost get back what you paid for it.

3. huntingfool

huntingfool Member

Dan Rinehart sells a good one as well, covering everything from skinning to finishing.,. the only fall back, is he uses one of his "pre-set" eye forms, so no clay work around the eyes are shown. You may have to buy a few videos, in order to get instructed "A to Z".
    Matuska sell a couple, one on skinning and tanning, and another on mounting, THese are two very good tapes, in my opion.
    Bill

4. RStanton

RStanton New Member

1990 is old? Wow, I must be ancient. John Belluci and Darren Flynn both have very good squirrel mounting videos. They're available from WASCO. The Joe Meder and Matuska videos are top-notch for deer mounting, but you'll buy all of them eventually if you're serious about the subject.

5. oldterryr

oldterryr Terry's in Heaven with no worries at all.

the video you have is one of the best around - you dont get to be top of the heap by being a slouch

6. YukonBlue

YukonBlue New Member

I have the Mounting of A Whitetail Deer DVD (now called "All In One") from Dan Rinehart DVD. It is from 2004 and is about 3 1/2 hours long. It's from 2004 and I learned a lot from it. http://www.taxidermyarts.com/ Then browse to the video's/DVD's/Manuals section. It's 29.95