1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Andy Bartmess

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by wildart, Dec 15, 2011.

1. wildart

wildart New Member

I have just learned that our good friend, Andy Bartmess passed away late this afternoon. Evidently he had a blood clot in his leg. Andy was confined to a wheelchair after a car wreck many years ago, but that did not stop him from being an outstanding taxidermist. When he came to me many years ago, looking for a job, I had my doubts. He looked me in the eye and said: "I can do anything you need me to do in this shop" I told him to get his butt to work! AND, I never found a job that he wouldn't tackle.

Andy served on the Board of Advisors for the Texas Taxidermy Association and won many top awards in competition. Andy was working for Randy Pistole (Top Gun Taxidermy) at the time of his death. The three of us spent many days hunting and fishing. He never let his handicap hold him back. He will be deeply missed.

Funeral services are pending.

Bob Wilkins

2. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

Sad news, thoughts go out to the family and friends.

3. crittergedder

crittergedder Hunt With Your Kids Not For Them

Texas
    Andy was a wonderful person it saddens me to hear this even worse that I find out today .
    John barber

4. Bill Yox

Bill Yox Well-Known Member

Bob Im really sorry to hear that.

5. JW

JW New Member

Sorry to hear this news, thoughts and prayers go out to the family.

6. EA

EA Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear about your friend. Good he continued his hunting, fishing and other interests despite the obstacles.
    My condolences to his family and friends.