1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

wizard trimmer

Discussion in 'Reptile Taxidermy' started by stoneman, Dec 16, 2011.

1. stoneman

stoneman Member

just done a 12 foot gater with this wiizard trimer and this thing is unbeleivable , i did the whole body in about a hour and twenty minutes, and with only one hole . if you havent seen this thing before than you need to check it out. the rep came to my shop and was nice enough to let me do my whole gator while he was there . this thing is so easy to use, and for fleshing bears and other fatty animals , there is nothing on the market that even comes close to this thing.for those guys that do alot of gators this thing is a must for your shop. go to this webb site and check it out www.bettcher.com, or google fleshing a gator with wizard trimer. here is the reps phone number that sold me one. 440 344 8006 his name is troy thompson

2. What is the price on one of them?

3. Fran M

Fran M Member

Very interesting video's on their website,would like to know price also.

4. ortegageno

ortegageno Active Member

NM
    A whopping $1700 big ones. After doing two buffalo's by knife I am really thinking of getting one of these machines.

5. I think that may be my next big purchase. I bet that thing will work slick on hogs.

6. stoneman

stoneman Member

just did a full bison hide in 40 minutes with my wizzard trimer , this thing is like a new toy for me thanks rocky

7. ortegageno

ortegageno Active Member

NM
    Damn you, why you gotta make me feel like crap now. Just messing with you. 40 min, it took me 7 hours to flesh a 8x9 buffalo rug. Did you buy a new or used one? where did you get it at. I am seriously looking to get one if I can find one used or cheaper than 1700 bucks. Thanks
    Regards, Geno

8. stoneman

stoneman Member

i bought a new one from the rep in my first post. this thing is truly amazing

9. DDavis

DDavis Active Member

I see different blade size , can you change out the blades from smaller to larger , What do they run on air , electric ?

10. PacWest

PacWest Active Member

Ditto on the wizard. They work really well for Brown Bears, Buffalo, etc. I would think they would be awesome on hogs too. They give your wrist a work out, but what doesn't?

11. bigbucktn

bigbucktn New Member

i am watching the video of it being used on a deer cape right now, just wander if it could be used as a thinning tool after the cape has been tanned

12. MichaelP had one for sale recently

13. ortegageno

ortegageno Active Member

NM
    Just be careful when you buy one used, make sure it is the CORRECT handle and blade for taxidermy purposes. I almost made a mistake in buying one from a sale on the net that was used in the meat industry. It was like an ebay deal and I was gonna bid or buy now for 800 bucks but decided to call the dealership before. Well come to find out that the replacement handle with the blade runs about 800 bucks by itself, I almost ---- my pants. Well I guess it would have come out to about the same price as a new one. Just something to keep in mind.