1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

BIRD OF THE WEEK # 51-52,YEAR 5

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by Taxi-lover, Dec 19, 2011.

1. Taxi-lover

Taxi-lover Active Member

Hello!

This is the last time I'll start a BIRD OF THE WEEK here in taxinet! I've been doing thi s 5 years now and think it's time to make room for others and maybe do some taxidermy work sometimes!! ;) ;D This 5 years has been very inspiring and I really have enjoyed this! I've get some dirt but I've got some thanks too in these years. Mostly the feedback has been delightfull and really thankfull...and now it's time for me to THANK YOU ALL for taking part for this BotW and all the kind words you have said to me! If someone is willing to continue this,I would be happy but if not so it doesn't bother me... Some of the mail I've got has been negative and mostly dealing my choises for starter of BotW weekly. Some of you didn't understand that this wasn't a competition and I'm not better friend to anyone here...I just chose the mount that hits my eye's most,the mount I liked most!! Very often it was from the same artist,but that tells only that I like the way he/her does the mount. No one said it was allways the "best" mount from all...it was the best in MY opinion. Afterwards I've thought that it wasn't wise at all to start that,but why not?? It was my idea to start this and I made it to look like me.... I really believe that most of you really liked the BIRD OF THE WEEK after all,I surely hope so! It was really inspiring to see all the great work you posted!!!! So THANK YOU one more time!!!

From week 49 I've chosen a pheasant mount by Jim McNamara!! CONGRATS!!! Really a stunning piece with great base work too!! Deserves to be here!! From the second week I have to chose capercaillie mount by Ludvik!!! CONGRATS!!! I've allways been a BIG,HUGE fan of capers and this surely is stunning strutting caper mount! I wish if I someday get my own caper that I could mount it half this good....really nice work!

Ok....let's enjoy for the couple of weeks more the great mounts here in BotW by you all the masters all over the world!!! Thank's...I hope you don't forget me totaly!!! ;)

Yours....JP a.k.a Taxi-Lover from Finland ;)

Attached Files:

2. Taxi-lover

Taxi-lover Active Member

Ludviks Caper...

Attached Files:

3. txoutdoors

txoutdoors Active Member

Thanks for your service with BOTW over the last 5 years JP!

4. Hunters

Hunters New Member

Congrats Jim McNamara, Ludvik. Very nice work. :)

[​IMG]

5. francois

francois Parrot collector

For the last time a parrot Amazone Agilis.
    Thank you Taxi lover for doing bird of week ,maby you can start once in a year, Bird Of The Year , Thanks again and we don't forget you ;)

Attached Files:

6. Jim McNamara

Jim McNamara Well-Known Member

JP, Thank you very much. I appreciate your dedication to this thread. Please don't be a stranger, post up all those pieces you are going to get done now, and Merry Christmas![​IMG][​IMG]

7. babak

babak Active Member

JP,NICE CHOICES !!CONGRATS WINNERS!
    MARRY X-MAS MY CHRISTIAN FRIENDS!

8. JE

JE Well-Known Member

Quote, "Some of the mail I've got has been negative and mostly dealing my choises for starter of BotW weekly."
    I just can't believe some people would mail you to complain :mad: pretty sad really.
    I for one have enjoyed looking through this thread every week to see the outstanding work by everyone who posts.
    Thank you
    John

9. taxos

taxos Finches, Buntings

here's one to close the year, Japanese Grosbeak.

I've enjoyed BOTW although the 'competition-choosing-winner of the week' did'nt really appeal to me, but thanks anyway JP ;)

Attached Files:

10. babak

babak Active Member

taxos,nice work!

JP,me personally, always after signing in, looking for new birds added to this thread and very encouraging for each bird taxidermist and taxidermy lover to attend or look up a weekly friendly contest! ;) keep good job my friend JP!

11. byrdman

byrdman Well-Known Member

woodcock and euro stiffy's

Attached Files:

12. Taxi-lover

Taxi-lover Active Member

Thanks for the kind words my friends! JE,some people just doesn't have a sense of humour and are taking everything too seriously. But it really has been a minority,most of the comments and posts have been really nice and I've made hopefully lot's of new friends here in taxinet by keeping up the BotW! It really has been fun and I admire all you.....there's unbelieveable amount of talen..RAW TALENT here! I really wish to you all HAPPY,MERRY CHRISTMAS and great amount of good for the year 2012!!!

13. wings II

wings II New Member

Well, the last BOTW of the year and the last one for JP, so I wanted to throw something up, but all I've got ready is this client pic of a strap mount. At any rate, Great work everyone and I hope ya'll have a very Merry Christmas!

[​IMG]

14. Rick RR GBirds

Rick RR GBirds Let's go kill some birds...I'm psyched!

Merry Christmas and thanks for all the years of service J.P.!

15. byrdman

byrdman Well-Known Member

nice kma...just kept scrolling down..

16. JBird

JBird Member

Its been a great run - by far one of my favorite visits in cyber space - sad to see it leave but understand your reasons. Its been nothing but a joy and you have my sincere thanks - its unfortunate there was any negativity involved - but in this world seems like there will always be someone who just has to complain no matter how gracious or sincere your motives. Well - for my last post then here are some recent raptors - Thanks again JP and congrats to last weeks choices - as always well selected.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. Well this is my 6th one and I am getting better. I just cant get the neck to look right. Too skinny looking I think. Otger than that i am pleased

Attached Files:

18. CR

CR New Member

Jp thanks for all the hard hard work, my favorite spot on any morning with a cup of coffee. Thanks buddy and have a merry christmas

19. RACE98

RACE98 BRINGING YOUR MEMORIES TO LIFE

CUSTOMER JUST PICKED UP THIS TURKEY

TNX
    YVONNE

Attached Files:

20. Samson

Samson New Member

wow, very stunning birds here :eek: :eek:
    this thread should go on next year, please :'(

here are some Peregrine-Falcons from me, all in not so good feather condition but i tried my best ;D

i wish you all a merry Christmas and a stress-free time.
    Greetings, Karin

Attached Files: