1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Whitetail Deer Workshop With 2011 World Champion

Discussion in 'Training' started by v.fleming, Dec 22, 2011.

1. v.fleming

v.fleming New Member

Had a great time working with Jason Carder from Maryland the past three days. We got a lot done and Jason did a great job on his deer. This deer had a smoking cape with the brisket running up the neck further than most and it also had a mane. I look forward seeing the work Jason will be doing in the future.
    [​IMG]

2. v.fleming

v.fleming New Member

Had a great week in PA this past week doing a casting and whitetail workshop. I want to thank Jeff Crawford for having us at his new shop. Also want to thank Ron Blinsky, Tom Shalvis, Leslie Jungbluth, Dan Swanson, Clark Green and Jens Jorgensen for taking time to attend. And a BIG THANKS to Bryan and Rudy Eppley of OTS for donating the supplies for this. This group has some very talented people that I look forward to watching in the near future. Her are a few pictures of them working and a few of the parts cast and mounts.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

3. v.fleming

v.fleming New Member

Jason Carder had a great show at Maryland this past weekend. BOC in the Pro Div.and Best Pro Entry. Jason just took a workshop the first of July and went home mounted up this beautiful deer. Congrats on your hard work.
    [​IMG]

4. v.fleming

v.fleming New Member

Matt Hitchcock had a great weekend at the Maryland show this past weekend also, a GREAT weekend. To many awards to list, but the main one is the Best Of Show Breakthrough Award. Matt took a workshop a little over a year ago and came back this past winter and added the casting and open mouth workshop. He is a very talented young man that has worked hard and is seeing the results. Congrats Matt!
    [​IMG]

5. Jillian@AnglersArtistry

[email protected] Working hard to make the world a fishy Place!

Very Cool show for Matt and a great teacher! Congratulations

6. v.fleming

v.fleming New Member

I had the pleasure of working with Josh Couch of Tennessee this week. He is really on fire to get his deer better and it is great to see someone so driven.
    [​IMG]

7. hidenorhair

hidenorhair Member

I thoroughly enjoyed the experience. Learned more than I could imagine and would recommend this workshop to anyone. Thanks Vincent for all you do and for who you are..

8. v.fleming

v.fleming New Member

TC Loughery just completed a three day workshop and here is the deer he mounted. He did a great job and it was a true pleasure to get to work with him. I look forward watching him in the future.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. Jillian@AnglersArtistry

[email protected] Working hard to make the world a fishy Place!

Beautiful Work!!! :)

10. Bill Dishman

Bill Dishman Well-Known Member

Nice job everyone. some truly amazing work here. An inspiration to us all!

11. v.fleming

v.fleming New Member

I had a great time working with Jeremy Simon of WV the past few days. He did a great job on this buck he took with his bow.
    [​IMG]

12. v.fleming

v.fleming New Member

What a great time the past three days working with Kendall Wilson. This girl has some real talent and I look forward to seeing where it takes her. Some really talented young women in our industry and I believe Kendall will be one to keep an eye on.
    [​IMG]

13. v.fleming

v.fleming New Member

Greg Moore from Ohio just completed a whitetail workshop last week. As you can see, he did a great job on this deer and I look forward to watching him improve on his whitetails.
    [​IMG]

14. v.fleming

v.fleming New Member

Molding & Casting Workshop
    Clint Rickey & I will be teaming up to do a workshop on casting & molding a whitetail deer mouth, January 29th-31st at Cindy Cunningham ( Second Creation Taxidermy) in Kansas City, KS.
    In this workshop, we will show how to prepare and set up a fresh deer head for the molding process. We will go over the molding process using silicon rubber. Then we will make a mouth part using dental acrylic and plastics from a silicon mold. We will show different methods of applying color to the cast parts and install the parts into a manikin. The use of a vacuum chamber and pressure pot will also be used for those who have never seen them used. This workshop will also be helpful in molding & casting other parts, such as septum's, ear liners, etc.
    This is a hands on workshop.Each person will perform each step that is shown by Clint and myself. This will be a small class with a lot of information for those who are ready to venture into open mouth mounts. For those who sigh up for the class, I will email you a list of what you will need for this workshop. The cost of the workshop is $1000.00 and each person will be responsible for their own silicon and acrylic. I live 30 minutes from Silicon Inc. and can save on the shipping and I am also a dealer for Garaco ( acrylics) and can help you with that also. So, if anyone is interested in this workshop, you can contact Cindy, Clint or myself on Facebook. You can also email me at [email protected] or pm me here on Taxinet.