1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Things are looking up Wisconsin. Sorry about your luck Pennsylvania

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by George, Dec 26, 2011.

1. livbucks

livbucks Well-Known Member

Oh Boy.

2. John Panter

John Panter New Member

Sounds like George has it all figured out, three of his favorite whitetail biologists coming to save your deer. You guys should feel lucky.

3. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

John you have enough oases with wolves you won't have any deer yo worry about.

Justin I see no need for you to get testy. I read and comprehend quite well. NOE you say you're concerned with public land HOWEVER early on you were bragging about the deer you have on your private lease.

4. IMHO in the 90's EAB was a great thing. We had better bucks shortly after and it didn't take long for most taxidermists to profit from it. The problem was Wisconsin kept doing EAB far to long and now we're in the situation we're in. It doesn't take a brain surgeon to see we need to scale back until the #'s get back where they need to be and if needed do another EAB but not to the extent it's been in the past.

I'd also add the hunters that have always killed nice deer in the past still do, they adapt to the situation and HUNT. This is for my area NE WI. The guys in the Northwoods have problems with too many wolves and a bear season that should have the harvest doubled to help reduce fawn mortality.

I'm anxious to see what the biologists have to say and hope things get worked out.

5. John Panter

John Panter New Member

That made me laugh. True statement George, no deer or elk to worry about.