1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Pickers TV Program

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by Richard C, Dec 26, 2011.

1. Richard C

Richard C Well-Known Member

On the Monday, January- 2- 2012 pickers program at 9pm ,will feature our longtime brother taxidermist Al Belanger of Andover,Ma. Some of you may remember Al was the owner of Dale Evans mounted horse "Buttermilk", from the old Roy Rogers shows. Be sure to watch.

2. redwolf

redwolf Active Member

I'll be watching it. Al's gonna fit right in on that show :D I can't wait to see what they say when they walk in his house. LMAO

3. Richard C

Ditto

4. redwolf

redwolf Active Member

My TV guide says the episode "What happens in Sturges" is on. Are you sure of the time? ???

5. Old Fart

Old Fart Active Member

They're "great" at not airing the shows when they tell you they are. We were told that "Fast Eddie" would be aired twice before the segment was actually aired last Monday.

6. Richard C

Redwolf
    That's what Al told me in person.

7. Richard C

The Elephant head was on the intermision blurp for next week. Sorry for todays wrong date but that is what Al told me in person. If you know Al you know exact details are not his specialty. Till next monday have a good week.

8. redwolf

redwolf Active Member

I didn't mind. I like that show anyways. lol

9. northernmontana

northernmontana Active Member

Pickers is my favorite show on tv right now. I'll be watching.

10. redwolf

redwolf Active Member

American Pickers Episode: "Keeping the Elephant in the Room"

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2149321/

11. Richard C

OK ,Tonight is the night. Lets all watch !

12. LordRusty

LordRusty If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

Ohio
    I'm sure it will be better than that POS 'stuffers' garbage!

13. redwolf

redwolf Active Member

For anyone who's watching the show right now, those 2 elephant heads are freakin huge. I remember when I walked in and saw the first one in front of me Tom Voyer said look up :eek: :D
    Al's place is FULL of mounts.

14. fozziebear

fozziebear New Member

FUNNY LOOK'N MUSKY THEY BOUGHT THERE LMAO!!! Looks alot like a Northern Pike to me ::) but I'll give'm a break , I love that show!!

15. LordRusty

LordRusty If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

Ohio
    Al did the industry proud! A good, Yankee Taxidermist. Nothing pretentious about Mr. Belanger ... he is a Journeyman Taxidermist, who does good, solid, quality work. Cheryl and I had the pleasure of meeting him a few times years ago ... a real gentle man. Good work, Al!

16. Richard C

I have known Al since I was 16 , he a great guy,good friend and I'm proud of him as our representative of the industry tonight. If you know Al you know he looked nervous as a whore in church on the show.

17. MRTaxidermy

MRTaxidermy Past President of the N.E.A.T.

I watched the show and he did pretty good negotiating the price of the elephant head! Bottom line is...he cleared up a lot of wall space selling THAT mount! LOL

18. redwolf

redwolf Active Member

You could tell :D I thought he did pretty good though.

Knowing Al he had something in it's place right after they left. lol

19. JL

JL Taxidermist for 64 years

He should have sold them his "talking chimpanzee head" to go along with the elephant. I thought it was a good show. JL