1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Facebook and business

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by michael p., Dec 27, 2011.

1. MP, Facebook has been by far the best marketing tool for me. It's nice because if your client is on facebook too, you can tag them in the image and then all of their friends will see it. My of my friends from high school/college wouldn't know I do taxidermy if it wasn't for FB. People can see your quality, get ideas of their own for their mount, etc. This free marketing tool has brought me more business since I started the page than word of mouth and passing out business cards.

2. mimes

mimes Member

Same here.......created a business FB page........went thru ALL of my old receipts from the past 10 years and added those customers as friends. Their friends then added me........short while i had 450 friends and new work coming in every week. I was adding new pics as I finished pieces, which is very easy to do. FB has been one of my best advertisement tools this year.

3. Kevin Jaramillo

Kevin Jaramillo New Member

Re: Re: Facebook and business

Well facebookers look me up its under kevin jaramillo my url is me on a bull hope to friend you soon,I added a facebook and started with euros I would add my work and soon one of their friends saw it and wanted one and so on I think its great

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

4. Cathy

Cathy N.E.A.T President

My son made a business page for me on his FB. Then I made a website shortly after. In most searches, the FB comes up before my web page! Now I have my own FB, but my business page is still on his, he just made me an administrator so I can take care of it. FB is a busy place, no doubt about it.

5. mdupertuis

mdupertuis Active Member

I think the more tools you have in your toolbelt the better. FB is free and it has gotten me quite a bit of work. I was stupid and created a page called Taxidermy and can't change the name. So I am in the process of building a new one with the business name. I get quite a bit of business from my personal page. Just had a guy post pics of a Mule Deer he shot in Colorado. He was on his way back to Florida and "hoped he could find someone there who could mount a Mule Deer right". I didn't know him well, but ended up talking and he brought me the deer. Turns out he makes nice bases out of Cypress knees and is staff on an up and coming hunting show. Networking is a great thing and the best way to rise above the competition that is stuck in the rut of doing things the old way.

6. I think FB will help any business, keeps you in everyone's minds.