1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Super Rare LEUCISTIC coyote

Discussion in 'For Sale' started by mjvaden, Dec 29, 2011.

1. mjvaden

mjvaden New Member

Hi Guys, I was keeping this one for myself but got to many irons in the fire so I am cutting it loose.

This is a Beautiful huge leucistic coyote. These are super rare, have only ever seen three of them and we handle about 400 plus yotes a year. Unlike a blonde a leucistic has no black pigment on them at all. The eyes, lips nose, and paws are liver colored even the whiskers are whiteNot a black hair on his body. Beautiful white tip on the tail. Just a gorgeous animal. We catch ALOT of color phase dogs and the only thing rarer then this that we have gotten was an albino yote (which was sold Live).

The first $975 takes this rare dog!

If interested Please email me directly at [email protected] Do not PM me as I do not check my messages. I had several people PM me about the last round of black yotes I had and they missed out on them because they sold to the first guy to email.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. ds8466

ds8466 Coyote Assassin

Now that's a beautiful dog!!!

3. saddlehorse_98

saddlehorse_98 Member

very nice looking dog. would make a great mount. wish I could.

4. skinner 12

skinner 12 Member

nice coyote

5. KansasBuck

KansasBuck New Member

Great reference pics

6. khan_rahim

khan_rahim Member

Awesome yote!

7. Sea Wolf

Sea Wolf Well-Known Member

Beautiful animal. Can't save it for some sort of breeding experiment to see if you can actually produce them?

8. mjvaden

mjvaden New Member

Thought crossed my mind. It is just a pain in the back side with dnr in the state of GA to keep exotics.

9. JDOglesby

JDOglesby New Member

You should tame it and make it your pet

10. Sea Wolf

Sea Wolf Well-Known Member

Wrong. ... But breeding stock .. ? They did it with foxes.

11. nina5150

nina5150 Active Member

i dont know but i wish i had your life... ;D...Every day must be amazing to be able to see and be around some amazing animals especially ones that are alive..

12. ShadowWulf

ShadowWulf me and my shed hunting pup, Cody

I agree with nina lol. would love to be able to see animals like this on a regular basis!
    Have a great new year,
    Liz

13. Raynewolfe

Raynewolfe TY for understanding things outside our control.

Very nice... Id definitely be interested in seeing what it produced. Interested enough Im investigating if its possible now. Ive worked with Leucistic genetics before, in reptiles, and coyote and wolf hybrids... Wonder if I can mix the two. Was just talking to a potential partner today about something like this too. Will keep everyone updated if it ever happens (this yote or any other). :) though this ones different than the Leucistics in other creatures I worked with where it was an all white and the marked difference between albino and leucistic was eye color. red for alb and blue or dark for leu. cool to see the diff in the yote world. :)

14. roadkillonroute3

roadkillonroute3 New Member

oh my.. what a beautiful dog.. very tempting!

15. DragunzGirl

DragunzGirl Chicken Assassin

GA
    WOW, love how he looks! I live in GA and never seen one like him before.

16. BlueRedGreen

BlueRedGreen New Member

It is a shame to see an animal like that not bred! I moved to Georgia a while ago, and things like this make me want to move back to Illinois. (Where you can get a permit for $25, unless they've changed their laws.) I really wish I could afford him!

17. Your yote is not leucistic. Not saying you are wrong or trying to discourage sales, but letting you know what you actually have here.

Leucistic animals express white throughout the body, but are not albino. They can still produce black coloration in areas and their eyes are generally normally colored. Albino animals can not produce black, or any other, pigmentation and can have red or blue eyes. This coyote is neither, this coyote has genetics that simply produce a brown coloration where they would normally produce black, that's why the nose and area around the eyes are brown. This is common in dogs such as chocolate labs (ones with brown noses), weimaraners, liver dobermans, and vizslas (just to name a few).

For all intents and purposes, this coyote is completely normal except it's black coloration is masked by browns. I'd call this rarer than albino or leucistic as you usually only see this in dogs (as far as I know!).

More info: http://abnormality.purpleflowers.net/genetics/liver.htm
    http://hnrworkingkelpies.com/Brown.html

Honestly, I agree that a breeding project would be interesting, especially since this is a recessive gene (I'm assuming it works like dog genetics due to such close relatedness). That, or if you found it in your heart to let it go so it could breed in the wild and potentially produce more like it in the future.

Thanks for the photos and for a look at such a unique yote!

18. phoenix-cry

phoenix-cry Active Member

Above x2. Leucistic are all white animals and also express with blue or normal eyes. This guy would be classified as form of Aeumelanism. Cool gene and great dog! You'd need to cross breed the babies to get this gene to show visual again.

19. Brownwolf

Brownwolf New Member

Please do not waste him by selling this treasure to someone who intends to kill him. He is extremely rare. I disagree that he should be released, despite how sad he looks... someone is bound to blast him the moment they see him. He's lucky to still be alive. Some incredible research could be done here. What a waste if he just becomes a stuffed mount.

20. ShadowWulf

ShadowWulf me and my shed hunting pup, Cody

um brownwolf, not sure, but I don't think this pup is alive anymore. It says that he was keeping him to mount himself, which to me, implies that he is already dead (especially since he was talking about GA being a pain about letting people keep exotics)... However, I said it before and will say it again, beautiful song dog you have there, will make a fantastic mount.
    Liz