1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

I love the "Can you fix this"

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by krollh, Dec 30, 2011.

1. krollh

krollh Active Member

Had a guy bring this in the other day. Yep, a dog got a hold of it.
    I told him I could fix it, but I would probably not be able to get a hide to match the color.
    It's really faded out. Plus obviously the rest of the mount is not too good.
    I talked him into another cape. He did request a long haired, light colored cape to get as close as we can to the original.
    I have a post in the wanted, if anyone has one.

Attached Files:

2. rnviper3

rnviper3 New Member

EEEK That needed to be redone anyway.

3. krollh

krollh Active Member

Yea, I didn't mention the skull cap must be broke because you can grab each antler and move em around.

4. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

I guess I've become callous over the years, but when I get those in, the customer is seldom presented with many choices. Number 1, we need to remount the animal, Number 2, IF I have a spare hide close to those measurements, I'll provide it free but there is no price negotiations. Number 3, the customer can pick the pose he likes. One out of three is as good as he gets.

5. krollh

krollh Active Member

I really did not give him any option in the end.
    I'm charging him 495 for the remount plus 50 for another cape. I did ask if he wanted to supply the cape, he said no.
    He wants the same pose.
    He is a decent customer, I have another mount for him right now, but there was no reason to cut him a break.

6. ortegageno

ortegageno Active Member

NM
    That must be a very important spike trophy to get it mounted twice. I might have mounted the dog instead.

7. Oak Leaf

Oak Leaf New Member

First it looked like poop.

When the dog ate it, it probably tasted like poop.

And now ironically, somewhere in that mans backyard, it is poop.

The cycle of life.

8. martymarr

martymarr New Member

lol thats right

9. krollh

krollh Active Member

Hammer
    Yea, it was his first deer.
    I also did not mention he wants to keep part of the old hide to do "something with"
    Just so he had a peice of it.
    Any ideas on something simple you can do with a peice of an old cape that has been mounted?

10. Line his toilet seat, after all it is winter. Then in the spring he can just give it back to his dog.