1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

I WANT TO SEE YOUR NEW 6900 PICS!!!! SO GET TO POSTING

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by WFT, Jan 1, 2012.

1. Craig74

Craig74 New Member

LOL Fozzie, I've produced a coulple of them too! Thanks guys.

2. Whitetailart

Whitetailart New Member

H*ll I wish my 50th deer had looked that good.

Nice mount Craig

3. Stuff It

Stuff It New Member

Antlerman I too have a short cape for deer mount. I'm curious how you go about "saving it" for a shoulder mount? Are you cutting off part of the form in back to account for the short cape?

4. WFT

WFT New Member

I would like to thank you guys for posting. I had couple guys come by today showed them the really good work you have done. Both have decided they like the 6900. Now I just hope that the form is uuser friendly....LOL.....Lets try keeping this post alive.

5. antlerman

antlerman NTA Life Member #0118

No, I left the form back as it was. My cape was only short on one side. So I mounted as normal, let it dry good, then took a sawzall to the foam leaving the backboard in place but taking away the foam about 3 inches deep. Then I foamed in some rocks (foam blocks) and covered using Micheal P's rock methods. Added some color, leaves and a vine and done.

6. fozziebear

fozziebear Active Member

Here ya go WFT
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. WFT

WFT New Member

Fozzie that looks awesome....I see you got another in the background you getting close to finishing it up?

8. i just received two 6900 forms in the mail today so i cant wait to mount one of these up the form really impressed me when i took it out of the box. i will post pics as soon as i can

9. WFT

WFT New Member

you know i was really curious as to how this mount would look on a young buck......fozzie put the proof in the pudding for me. That two year old looks really nice on that form.

10. fozziebear

fozziebear Active Member

The one in the far back is on an HDSS also by Dennis Behn. On the age of the little buck ...I'ma bet'n He did'nt make it past 1 1/2 . Again thanks for the nice words.

11. Redfisher

Redfisher New Member

Here's mine, still needs a paint job.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. WFT

WFT New Member

Thanks for posting multiple pics....those are SWEEEEET!!!!

13. fozziebear

fozziebear Active Member

WOW ,VERY NICE!!!

14. Stuff It

Stuff It New Member

That is one nice whitetail, i've never seen such a nice colored hide. Very nice.

15. Redfisher

Redfisher New Member

Thanks,

16. Bill LaCoe

Bill LaCoe New Member

Which 6900 is that? Did you have to take the neck down some/or a bunch? Real nice looking mount,customer will be happy with that.

17. setters73

setters73 New Member

KY
    [​IMG] Here is one I did. Have five more to do on 6900.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

18. landdepot

landdepot Active Member

Thats a very nice looking mount. Thumbs up.

19. Redfisher

Redfisher New Member

Bill LaCoe, if your asking about the one I did, mounted it on a 69-7019R and I didn't do anything with the form, just mounted. It was purdy darn tight though! Thanks

20. Bill LaCoe

Bill LaCoe New Member

Thanks Redfish, I have a small early bow cape, will have to try on one of these forms. All the mounts look pretty darn good.