1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

The Month in Fish Pictures" ~Year 5~ Happy New Years 2012 Edition!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by Rick Krane, Jan 1, 2012.

1. Rick Krane

Rick Krane Fish Taxidermist/ Judge/ Sculptor/ Instructor

The Month in Fish Pictures" ~Year 5~ Happy New Years 2012 Edition!!!!!!!!

Happy New Year from Hinsdale New Hampshire!!! I hope you have had a warm and meaningful Christmas this 2011! For some it is a hard time of the year but just remember that you are an artist and filled with great gifts from your creator! Happy Holiday’s to you and yours!

Well can you believe it 2012! With the exception of the Aztec calendar (no offence to the Mayan) I know it will be a great year for the taxidermist of the world and for the hope of an improving local and global economy alike!
    This is a time of the year to reflect on the past events of the year 2011! I hope it was a good one for you both Health wise and for business too! I know it has been hard for so many as I talk to folks around the country and the world and I’m told the same thing is the happening every where regarding fear of economic hardship and how long it will last? As some one who has had hardship in his own personal life I have been on the receiving end of a fear or two in time and I will say this about that! There is always change in life some times good and some times not so good but embrace the change as it often brings opportunity if you are looking for the “one “ shot at movement on from the old and into the new! Embrace it, as no one can keep you down other then you and I if that is what we choose! I believe that Artist are innovative folks filled with passion and drive to create so create the best 2012 you can!
    We have all shared in the lost of some old friends and the good times with friends getting married and having family’s! This is life always… for good or for bad we all share in the events that make memories. Keep close to your heart the memories that will shape you in to the best you that you can be and let go of those that keep you from moving forward! So many friends we all share here and a great community for all of us when we need a little help or just a friendly ear to make sure you’re on the right path! I believe in you as I see in you a person of quality and life that is worth living! Go into 2012 with a fierce passion to make your life a great 2012! It is never the shot to the body that knocks you on your ass that keeps you down it is the choice to stay there which will keep you there!

What a truly outstanding Month in Fish pictures this past last month as I took some time during the day week to see all the great looking at some truly inspiring works of fish art!

We share in fish pictures to find a common place with friendliness and positive comments of motivation as a great place to start in upward in direction of inspiration in being a fish taxidermist! I wish all the best to folks competing in the up coming year and I do wish all the very best in the pursuits of good fish work!

I do hope you have the opportunity to be thankful for your gifts of great passion and talent as an artist! It is a blessing to me for our lives to be joined from time to time to share and learn from one another so thank you for your great taxidermy work and my your lives continue to be blessed with inspiration!!!!

I want to personally say thank you for letting me join you again each installment of Fish Pictures to share in your successes and accomplishments! I have seen first hand the great strides so many have made with beautiful fish work! Good for you and congratulations on your hard work!!!!

I want to also thank all of the great contributors who not only share their personal great talents and work but also rather give such positive inspiration to all of us!

From beginner's to the best in the world we all join in every month in a critique free and hassle free string with nothing more then great artist and inspiring fish taxidermist and carves get together to share with one another their praise and inspiration of good will and friendship to one another. No egos just friendly folks who appreciate the efforts of others!

I want to start the Year of 2012 with a few headshots of cold, warm and ocean fish too! I hope you enjoy a few photos of the first Fish pictures of 2012!

I hope a few moments of encouragement that every one starts somewhere and can accomplish great this with hard work and great passion for the art of fish taxidermy!

So here goes!

I hope you enjoy the week! See you in February from Reno NV!

So here we go and here is to a great January in fish pictures!!!! Enjoy!

You're Friend

Hope to see you soon!

My Best!

Rick Krane

A special young ladies trophy Rainbow!

[​IMG]

A closer look at a Cutthroat!

[​IMG]

A toothy Chum!

[​IMG]

Steelhead head!

[​IMG]

Complete Restoration job of my dream fish the Sunapee Trout!

[​IMG]

Gill cover shot of a Blue Gill!

[​IMG]

Cool Crappie head!

[​IMG]

Real Head of a Largemouth Bass!

[​IMG]

Walleye!

[​IMG]

Top of the head of a Striped bass!

[​IMG]

Like a Walleye whenyou flash light into the eye of a Barramundi you get a flash back “red flashthat is” !!

[​IMG]

The head of a Dolphin fish! How fun they are too do!

[​IMG]

Who’s faster then a GT the Giant Trevally!

[​IMG]

Man I just love doing Tarpon!!!!

[​IMG]

Well here is the start for the 2012 year! I can’t wait to see the inspiring work of you my friends the talented artist I affectionately call my family of Fisheads!

Rick Krane
    Anglers Artistry
    312 CHESTERFIELD ROAD
    Hinsdale NH 03451
    603-336-7296
    [email protected]
    www.anglersartistry.com

2. srholmes30

srholmes30 Living each and every day

Awsome work, Rick was that the Sunapee trout you had in the wooden box.

3. Kevin Halle

Kevin Halle Well-Known Member

Happy New Year to you Rick and everyone else. Those are some sweet pics. Here is a Bluegill I just finished. Thanks to Randy Budzynski for the blank.

Attached Files:

4. Here are a river run Coho, A Brown chasing crayfish that was electro shocked and gave scale samples a year earlier to the same guy that caught it the next year 200 yards away! (scars still visable) Also, a Brown redone from an original from 1973, basically all new. Forgot to take a "before" pic. Its also not really bigger than the original plaque its on, just looks that way.

Attached Files:

5. pics

Attached Files:

6. Jimmy Lawrence

Jimmy Lawrence Well-Known Member

WOW

Not sure how to follow, but REALLY GREAT WORK!!!!!

Here is a wholesale LMB Skinmount Bass. Had a unique bunch of scarring on the tail, that customer wanted left into the mount. I wouldve preffered it be fixed, but customer gets what they ask for :D. Fish was dark as well .

Couple shots .

Overall Bass, Gill Cover, Lateral Line.

Attached Files:

7. Jimmy Lawrence

Anal , and Caudal Fin.

Hopefully everyone has more fishwork this year than they can handle!!! Happy New Year, and Health and Happiness to everyone.

Jimmy Lawrence

Attached Files:

8. Rick Krane

Rick Krane Fish Taxidermist/ Judge/ Sculptor/ Instructor

WOW!!!! What a start to the New Year!!!! Some very fishy fish going on here!!!! Well done!!!!

Happy new Years from Kathie, Amber and myself!!!

My BEst!

Rick

PS Yes Scott it sure is!!!!

9. DanB

DanB New Member

Awesome close-ups Rick! Nice bluegill also. Jimmy I like the dark largemouth, nice markings. I'm posting the last Bass of the year, a couple "fish on sticks" that are really GREEN. Happy new year!!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. Jimmy Lawrence

Now I regret posting a bass Dan... Thanks...

LOL. its like eating a piece of fruit stripe gum....

You see my bass.... Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh

then scroll down to yours.....awwwwwww

AWESOME WORK.

11. Perca

Perca Well-Known Member

WOWIE!!!!

DanB,
    Your work is awesome!! Unquestionably the finest bass I have ever seen and I've been to the shows lots of times. Congrats!!!
    [​IMG]

12. DanB

DanB New Member

"Fruit stripe gum" lol. Oh Jimmy this isn't a contest, settle down man. Your fish is nice man. A skin mount at that. Mine is a purchased blank. Now I need Perca's hide under the chair logo. [​IMG] Thanks Perca

13. WeeYaoW!

what a nice start indeed.

Happy New Year everyone! 2012 will be great!

Here are a few from the last few weeks from me.
    All custom replicas.

Lake Whitefish 26"

[​IMG]

Golden trout display

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The last two are gifts for friends and family for Christmas

A small Burbot
    [​IMG]

And an Illustration of a Cuda. This was a gift for my dad. A few years back we took him down to the keys for a fishing trip, he fell in love with these guys.
    [​IMG]

Keep the fish coming!!!

14. rp

rp Member

Wow nice work guy's. Happy new year to all.
    Here is a rainbow trout for a customer. Custom mold and cast

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. srholmes30

srholmes30 Living each and every day

Great start to the New Year

16. Wow...What a start to the New Year !
    Excellent fish from all..
    This is the last of my Smallmouth for a while...I took the pics before glossing. Seems to cut down on glare.. ;)

Attached Files:

17. Here is a close up..

Attached Files:

18. Paul C

Paul C New Member

I posted this in last month's issue by mistake last night. To get with the times I'm posting this gnarly headed Atlantic again. Its a late fall river fish from a Western NY trib.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. Wow you guys that has to be the best start to a month yet. LOVE IT LOVE IT!!!!

20. bwilke

bwilke Member

A nice 31" walleye
    [​IMG]