1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

The Month in Fish Pictures" ~Year 5~ Happy New Years 2012 Edition!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by Rick Krane, Jan 1, 2012.

1. AnglingArtisan

AnglingArtisan Well-Known Member

Stunning stuff to begin the New Year everyone :eek:
    Josh..that Golden Trout display is amazing man! Like a 3-D snapshot of a fish just pulled from the water...you captured it for sure!

A Christmas present to memorialize my girlfriend's first Trout(caught this Fall)
    Skin Mount with repro head/fins

Attached Files:

2. wife needs to shoot pics - I wash out .......

Attached Files:

3. 2 more FWIW

Attached Files:

4. striper - re-posted to 2012 ....

Attached Files:

5. Sarmite

Sarmite Active Member

LV
    Great start of the Year 2012!
    Awesome work, Josh! Like Your Atlantic, Paul C! I have one Atlantic salmon head to do with very similar "hook".
    Here is my Wolffish skin mount ;)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

6. kbauman

kbauman Active Member

OK
    Here is my project from the weekend. My first skin mount Alligator Gar and probably my last. It was 91.5 inches, weighed 192 lbs., and is the new Oklahoma state record. I made a foam body, cast the fins, and used the real head (the guy insisted on the real head). It is now in the drying process and I am taking a few days off from the shop. I will tell you this. After mounting this beast, I have a new found respect for Trashfish (Terry Weick). He is my new "fishhead hero" for having the guts to compete at the World Show with one of these monsters. Not only did he compete, he won with it. From now on, all calls on Alligator Gars, I am declining the project and telling them to call 1-800-TRASHFISH!

By the way, nice work on the opening page Rick. The head shots were very cool.

Attached Files:

7. srholmes30

srholmes30 Living each and every day

AWESOME GAR KBauman

8. Damn you people are talented!!!

9. troutfeva

troutfeva New Member

my first post to month of fish pics. Its a golden perch. hope i did this right!

Attached Files:

10. troutfeva

troutfeva New Member

I also have an Atlantic not as cool as the one above but it was my first.

Attached Files:

11. SUPER SICKWORK!!! Happy new year to all! love that gar.. can't wait to see it painted up.. did you use a skill saw like Terry to cut it open :eek: ::)
    GOT TO LOVE ARMOR PLATED SKIN...

12. kbauman

kbauman Active Member

OK
    Jig Saw, actually.

13. jt

jt Member

PA
    Here is the first fish I've done since getting back from Rick's place. It's a customer brown and the first brown I've ever mounted and finished. He wasn't watching me, but I could hear him saying.."no..I feel a high spot here." while I was carving and..."it doesn't flow, feel right here." The only thing I didn't miss was him trying to sing while I was doing this fish.[​IMG][​IMG]

14. srholmes30

srholmes30 Living each and every day

Great job JeffC

15. WV Outdoorsman

WV Outdoorsman New Member

Beautiful work guys!!!

WVO

16. Really awsome fish this month so early, here is a pair of blue gills and a lg bass that I molded and cast.

Attached Files:

17. Debbie N

Debbie N New Member

MA.
    Jeff sweet brown! Randy sick fish dude! Danb I look forward each month to see what you and UFD put up! Rick close up heads are freackin sick too! Guys too many cool fish already the bar is set high!
    Stan

18. Timjo

Timjo Active Member

USA
    JKnuth, Outstanding Brilliant Work!!

Nothing special from me, I may have posted this before.

Skin mount - cast head - reproduction sunny
    [​IMG]

19. bnoody

bnoody Member

Awesome fish guys

Rick, I love all those head shots. It is amazing to see just how much detail work goes into the head, something so many people oversimplify.

20. wishbone

wishbone New Member

love those fish rwenglish......nice fish everyone!