1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Painting tips

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by poloski, Jan 2, 2012.

1. poloski

poloski New Member

Can someone give me some tips on what paint colors to use and what all parts of the deer they paint? I don't like jet black noses or snow white ears...also what colors do you paint around the eyes? thanks

2. Dawg3458

Dawg3458 Member

eyes I use a base white then burnt umber..... nose I use flesh & yox nose pad gray

3. mc kinzie sells a starter kit for mamals . get it . now every area in the country is differant not all deer look the same so use some refferance , in the south the colors i use the most is muddy gray for the eyes and a fine very fine line of black at the lids, i use black for the nose . i dont how ever never use a clear over the black instead i leave it flat black . i use muddy gray on the lips if i have to and i use a flesh tone on top of white in the ears very every light on the flesh tone and only in the ear conal never out into the rest of the ear if i get to much out in the ear i use a brass parts brush to erase the mistake and blend easy on the triger never fast and hard keep your pressor down to 25 lbs works for me mark c

4. Rick Carter

Rick Carter Administrator

DVD270 from WASCO 1 800 334 8012 will answer all of the questions you have posted.

5. Rick, your video should be arriving today. I'm sure it will help me a great deal. Waiting to do my second mount until I have watched it several times

6. JEJ

JEJ Active Member

PA
    Get this video, well worth it
    I use anywhere from 6-8 colors on a standard whitetail

7. if thats the a-z ill X2 on that!! great starting point for any taxidermist.