1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

tucking lips

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by poloski, Jan 2, 2012.

1. RICKP

RICKP Let'er Buck

Everybody has their secret weapon for tucking but, all in all, if you use a good hide paste and baby sit the lips right along with your ears and eye's you'll be fine.

2. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

I looked in the directory for Tutorials and couldn't find this, but thankfully, the "Advanced Search" did:

http://www.taxidermy.net/forum/index.php/topic,123534.0.html

3. What about glue?
    I have been using killer glue around upper and lower lip and slot then tucking the lower lip first then the upper.
    I then smooth the glue around under the upper lip hide into the slot and the lower lip toward the front to fill out the meat removed from the lower lip. No pins so far no problems.

4. Hedhuntr

Hedhuntr Member

I listened to George a long time ago and went from a screw driver to a tool I found that is almost half the thickness as a hacksaw blade, thin the lips paper thin, coat the lip skin wits a bit of 60min ear epoxy and tuck away. never had an issue since.practice and repetition is key.

5. zifdenpants

zifdenpants Member

Marking. Too much good info.

6. boarhunter67

boarhunter67 Well-Known Member

I use a fish cheek scraper tool that I cut in half and added a wooden handle. It's very thin and doesn't remove material.

7. jorgy

jorgy Member

I like the cut the slot with a chainsaw and I tuck it with a crowbar

8. cht

cht New Member

LMAO

9. Galen

Galen 218-263-7177 www.EdgewaterTaxidermy.com

I am assuming a person should then use a 16 penny Nail gun to hold the lips in place just in case . LOL
    Everybody has a trick in the trade it is just nice that we are all willing to tell secrets now and then here on taxi net . LOL

10. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

The tighter, the better, if the lips fall into the slot, they will fall out. Slit the foam with a scalpel and it will act as a clamp, it will tuck, you need thin lips anyway.

Attached Files: