1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

artificial nose help

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by r.rase78, Jan 3, 2012.

1. hi everyone! have not been around this site in a while and was just lookin for a lil input. im mounting my second raccoon and am using a fake nose. i already have it attached to mannikin. i am wonderin do i just cut around the nose on skin and slide it over? my ist mount the nose did not come out as large and plump as it should thats why i am tryin this technique. any input will be appreciated thx all :)

2. kay i just looked in some older posts looks like i just follow hairline when makin cut maybe leave a lil extra to blend better. thx anyway

3. theguyyouknowtaxidermy

theguyyouknowtaxidermy The Guy You Know Taxidermy<Daniel Elkins>

I have read a little about the artificial noses. I am a little unclear on how to use it as well. Do you just flesh the real nose out super thin and slide it over the artificial nose? or do you cute the real nose off of and the artificial nose pokes through the skin?

4. boarhunter67

boarhunter67 Well-Known Member

You can cut the nose at the hair line and super glue the skin on. Make sure you thinned the skin near where you cut. When the mount is completed, use a little apoxy to blend in the line.