1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Trap Line Pictures

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by BillFromPa, Jan 4, 2012.

1. BillFromPa

BillFromPa Active Member

I figured since we have a thread for hunting pictures and trail cam pictures than why not trapping pictures ;D

Im new all together at trapping, Santa brought me some Duke dog proof traps this year. I caught my first raccoon and now im hooked ;D Id like to see everyone elses pics and maybe share what lure you use and some tips. Im sure some of us newbs could learn a ton from you seasoned pros.

This one will be a shop display

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. WildNatureLuver

WildNatureLuver New Member

Here is a couple..........

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. saddlehorse_98

saddlehorse_98 Member

something about the sound of a trap chain rattling, as you walk up to your set. that is very addicting. nice pic's

4. Steven .B

Steven .B New Member

It's a fact of life! After a bit the paw is numb and there not feeling anything...Maybe this isn't the place for you to, be lot of dead animials around this place. After all how do you think you get some of these guys in your shop, by trappers!!!

5. Mason

Mason Active Member

BILL!

You are going to go taxidermy poor, or poorer!
    That trapping stuff is quite an adrenolin rush of its own, like saddlehorse said. The sound of that chain rattling before you get to your set. It's like Christmas and the first day of deer season all rolled up into one ;D
    Then, you will HAVE to mount all your firsts :D

6. WildNatureLuver

WildNatureLuver New Member

Gotta have a "GRINNER " Ha Ha

[​IMG]

7. I used to do a ton of trapping. Still have all my stuff my other than making a coyote set now and then, I haven't really trapped in 25 years. Too much time in thet ree stand in the fall.

Bruce

8. mdupertuis

mdupertuis Active Member

Good idea, marking this one. I just caught 5 Gray Fox, a Red Fox, a beaver, and a ton of Possums, wish I had taken pictures. Going to set another small trapline this weekend, will be sure to get some pictures.

9. mjvaden

mjvaden New Member

Here are a few cool photos starting off with one pissed offed yote. No catch pole for this one!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

check out the blue eyes on this one
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. jimhow

jimhow Member

Coyote on the hay bail looks like he posed for that pic!

11. some good reference pics too :)

12. Eire if you don't like it don't look at it.

Great post.

Marking

13. TRAPPERGIRL

TRAPPERGIRL Proud Member-Taxidermy M.A.F.I.A. & Taxinet Clique

Marking too -- LOVE the trapping Pics !!

14. I see very little pain here. I see a few animals that were quickly killed, and a few that are about to be quickly killed, and seem a bit pissed, but not in pain. Most of the actually seem pretty damn relaxed.

Mjvaden I'm sure you sold that one in the 5th pic down already, huh? He's beautiful.

15. BillFromPa

BillFromPa Active Member

LOL, You are exactly right! The sad thing is all my stuff just sits in the freezer. I have a few personal deer from the past couple years that I didnt even buy forms for yet. Im going to spend some time in the summer doing some stuff for myself. I caught another big one this morning. He was an old fighter, he will make a nice wall hanger for the kids.

That one is one of the coolest coyotes! Great pics Michael, keep them coming!

[​IMG]

16. Great thread Bill! You'll all but giveup the other stuff ones the trapping addiction realy sets in ;). Nice Yotes Michael! Heres some stuff from the Addirondacks.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. I know this is supposed to be pictures but I have a question. I've been thinking about gettin into trappin and I was just wondering how everyone kills the animal thats been trapped. I got a buddy who uses a shoevel to club em usually but I know some people shoot them too. Just wondering what others do and the best way...I noticed a shovel in one of the pics so that is why I bring it up :)

19. jbconnected

jbconnected Member

A few that stand out to me.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. I use a catchpole or a .22 short depending on species.Bothe are quick and humane I never club. The shovel is for digging holes ;D.