1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Trap Line Pictures

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by BillFromPa, Jan 4, 2012.

1. Good luck BearB8, I hope you connect !

2. NJTrapper

NJTrapper Member

T3, glad you let the little guy go. Wish we could us DP's here. It's all cable (snares) in Jersey. Footholds are illegal to posses. It would make it a little easier to be selective.

3. jasonb

jasonb I think I'll keep her

marking

4. Kyle Lakey

Kyle Lakey Active Member

Wow they need to pass dps in your state. Nothing safer or easier to run on a trap line. We use almost all dps when we are strictly coon trapping unless we get to runnin water with drownders for mink and other stuff at the same time.

5. Daniel M.

Daniel M. Tongo, the best dog in the world. (Saarloos)

Awesome pictures everyone!!!

We went out today and made a few more sets because the weather was just so nice :)

Got this little guy along a prickly trail along the base of a cliff, that makes 30 coons so far this year. And the squirrels were moving too, lol

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. NJTrapper

NJTrapper Member

Good job on the coons Daniel ! T3, we have not been able to use any kind of foothold since the late 70's. You learn how to read sign a lot better to put that snare where it needs to go. I could absolutely clean up if I could use dp's or footholds. Do you know how hard it is to get a mink to put his head in a little 4" loop, when he has the whole world to run in? LOL.

7. nate

nate Active Member

Love this thread! Nice pictures everyone. Heres a few from this year.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. 3bears

3bears Well-Known Member

MN
    Nate, I love those cat pics. It looks like they were all just caught by the toes. Did you have any pull out. I just started trapping again this year after 20 some years away from it. Got my first bobcat ever. Now I am addicted to trapping bobcats. Want to learn all I can.

9. freeze_1

freeze_1 Booboo, my business manager

Got this big girl yesterday morning, "Groundhog's Day".

Attached Files:

10. Tom M.

Tom M. Member

Nice thread.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. MN Archer

MN Archer New Member

mn
    Nice job on the fox doubles! Looks like your using MB550's, awesome trap

12. Tom M.

Tom M. Member

your close mn archer they are mb 450's the little sister of the 550's

13. critterstuffr

critterstuffr New Member

If I caught two reds in the open like that they'd be coyote chew toys by morning. Glad to see someone still has a good population of fox around. Great pics and doubles like that would be great, nice job.

14. Yesterday's catch - not a very good hide - took some close ups although my cell is not the best for clarity. Probably the last of the year, pulling my handful of sets on Friday for season end.

One less fawn muncher.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. freeze_1

freeze_1 Booboo, my business manager

I got this one on Groundhog's day.

Attached Files:

16. Picked up another !! It's amazing how many yotes are out there and helps to explain why fox are far and few between in our area. I managed to get 5 now on just my acres with only 10 or less sets, a trapper on the neighbors picked up 3 in leg holds this fall, I shot one with a bow this fall, and the local coyote hunting groups gets upwards of 40-60 per year in our area.

Good luck to everyone!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. Here is a few Beavers from last week. My to best where 54 & 43 pounders.

Attached Files:

18. Here is the 54 & 43 pounders.

Attached Files:

19. I ended the week with 13 beavers, 1 muskrat, 2 coons, and my sons first otter.

20. My otter from this year. 51" 28.6 pounds.

Attached Files: