1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Trap Line Pictures

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by BillFromPa, Jan 4, 2012.

1. 3bears

3bears Well-Known Member

MN
    I hear ya Bruce, greasey sumbitches, skinnen em for the market isn't as bad as skinning them to mount.

2. skinner26

skinner26 Active Member

That is a nice truck load of beaver there.
    I don't mind skinning them at all. I can skin a good size one in 14 mins. Did 7 yesterday evening after work. About 3 hours and all where on boards.

3. skinner26

skinner26 Active Member

2 more.

Attached Files:

4. Daniel M.

Daniel M. Tongo, the best dog in the world. (Saarloos)

Ohio
    Ended the coon season here with a total of 60 and caught my first mink in a coon set by both back legs.

[​IMG]

And snared my first fox!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And I thought I'd add this coon, he went through a coyote snare, and somehow twisted off the wire on the log, but the snare was twisted all around the rock next to it. He was hanging nose down with all that blood around like he clobberd himself. And he only had 3 legs, just a strange catch.

[​IMG]

Here is one that got snared the way they are supposed to.

[​IMG]

5. trappersteph

trappersteph now you can have it...

Daniel, I'm surprised those coons look so good for so late being taken.

Here's some pics of my trapping over the years. I didn't really trap much this season. Can't say I tried, but just wasn't much out there to trap. These pics are from past seasons.

My best day of water trapping- 9 sets I had put out the day before, all along a short stretch of the same creek. And had these the next day.

[​IMG]

A really pretty red fox.

[​IMG]

A grey fox. Not very many in this area, so it's a real treat to catch one.

[​IMG]

an otter in a 330

[​IMG]

A hay set double.

[​IMG]

My hillbilly beaver set ( cement blocks were used to help stabalize the trap and block the sides), plus the property location was a private junkyard LOL.

[​IMG]

A very big male mink, caught along a bridge abuttment in a 160. Yes, that's a 160. His taxi measurments are 1 1/8 x 10.5 x 18.5. Haven't mounted him yet.

[​IMG]

These 2 foxes were caught in the same set! A 2 trap hay set. One fox had a 2nd paw in a trap from the set next to it ( I was going for a "PA double", but geeze). Male and female, and it was in mating season.

[​IMG]

My largest beaver to date- was at least 55lbs. An old "tree trunk tail" female taken in a blind channel set for otters. I actually had an otter in the set next to it as well. That was a nice double!

[​IMG]

Here is an otter in one of those same channel sets, as I found it that day, before touching anything.

[​IMG]

Well that's all for now, photobucket site got all messed up again.

6. skallet roseri

skallet roseri needless to say!

I'm loving that Dark Red Fox for sure!

7. rats...2012.. got lazy and just froze them every day and had to get 388 skinned and dry'ed in a week to get to auction in time...

Attached Files:

• rats.jpg
      rats.jpg
      File size:
      74 KB
      Views:
  8. skinner26

skinner26 Active Member

That is alot of rats. Nice

9. trapping is my favorite...let ur chains be tight and ur traps full...awesome pics

10. skinner26

skinner26 Active Member

Beavers # 38, 39, & 40 for the season. Pulling everything tomorrow last day of season. 24.4, 29.7, & 45.5 lbs

Attached Files:

11. BearB8

BearB8 Active Member

This thread has been kinda dead for a while. So thought Id share some photos.

Got back into Trapping a little more this year. Usually just do the otter/fisher thing when I draw a tag. Decided to do a little coon and canine trapping. First time for canines this year.

Attached Files:

12. BearB8

BearB8 Active Member

few more coon

Attached Files:

13. BearB8

BearB8 Active Member

More coon

Attached Files:

14. BearB8

BearB8 Active Member

2 Cross Fox and and spot.

Attached Files:

15. BearB8

BearB8 Active Member

couple of reds and another skunk

Attached Files:

16. BearB8

BearB8 Active Member

couple of coyotes and a rat

Attached Files:

17. BearB8

BearB8 Active Member

Coyote

Attached Files:

18. BearB8

BearB8 Active Member

Mink and a gray fox I caught last week

Attached Files:

19. Tom Mayer

Tom Mayer Member

I really wish that the Lib's in this state had not voted a trapping ban in. That was 96. Charlie and I use'd to do alot of trapping back then.

20. Emurd13

Emurd13 New Member

Marked