1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Trap Line Pictures

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by BillFromPa, Jan 4, 2012.

1. i havent trappd since my son was 3 carried him in my military duffle bag. that was back in 08 boy do i miss it. just to much other things goin on only did water sets some conibears. always wantd to do yotes and fox and cats.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

caught this guy i was feelin up under the bank for muskrat runs and went to move a "rock" well his head came alittle to close to mine

[​IMG]

2. this was my second year trappin i think back in 2002
    [​IMG]

here is some of my first beavers that i ever caught the one on the left was 60lbs and to come to find out when i went to sell them i skun them all wrong not knowin that you had to blanket a beaver not tube it like a coon.
    [​IMG]

this is one of my more favoriet spring beaver trappin pics
    [​IMG]

then the next days catch
    [​IMG]

the wife didnt like this because i used her car to check my trap line before school and her car and me smelld like beaver all day lol
    [​IMG]

3. This is awesome!!! Keep em coming. I've tried trapping for a couple years, canine sets...no luck. Someday when I have more time I will get back at it!!!

4. kikkertinz

kikkertinz Glass half full

Jesse thanks for sharing all those pics!

5. redwolf

redwolf Active Member

Awesome thread. Lovin the pics.
    Redneck Express how big was that snapper and what did you do with it?

6. Duck mounter, that possum is AWESOME!

7. JimB great pics, where was the cat your holding in the first pic caught, hes gorgeous! Hoytman those are some DANDY reds!!!

8. Walnut hollow the camera is a CannonT3i.

9. Bill Yox

Bill Yox Well-Known Member

Damn, you guys are making me wanna dig out my trapline pics... and my traps! I wish we had cross fox like that here, as well as bobcats. Nice pics guys, way to go making me even more restless to get out 8).

10. Jim B

Jim B Active Member

It was a Montana cat.The picture makes it look bigger than it really was but still,a really nice cat.

[​IMG]

11. nate

nate Active Member

This thread is so awsome! Its my new favorite!!! Hers just a few pics. I dont do a whole lot of trapping, but a little every year. Gonna mount the cat and the big red.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. jorgy

jorgy Member

Cool thread. This was a good morning for me. My archery deer and my first otter.

[​IMG]

13. [​IMG][​IMG] Today was a good day for the line. I caught this red fox and 50 yards away there was this yote in another set plus three big boar coons and a muskrat.

14. I assume he was about to leave me a prize...
    [​IMG]
    He thought he weighed 30 pounds...but didn't.
    [​IMG]
    This guy left a catch circle about 20 feet in diameter... I had a really "fun" time releasing him from the snare.
    [​IMG]

15. muleyhunter

muleyhunter Soulmates, Gods way of saying together forever

What a cool thread. Makes me want to start to get into doing some trapping.

16. hoytman

hoytman UTA Member

Wait till you snare a moose.. Talk about not fun low crawling up with some snippers to cut the cable waiting to be stomped on..

17. Nate those are some gorgeous greys! Bullwacker thats a dandy buck!!! Nice work on the otter too, I have yet to trap one of those.

18. BillFromPa

BillFromPa Active Member

Great pictures everyone! I went and set 2 traps yesterday and had a raccoon in both this morning. I set my first dirt hole set this morning, we will see if I can get a few fox.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. dplais7124

dplais7124 Active Member

Re: Re: Trap Line Pictures

Great post...awesome pics.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

20. dplais7124

dplais7124 Active Member

Here are my first and second ever catches. Both from January of 2010. Caught the little red first, then caught the yote in the same dirthole set 6 days later. Have caught nothing but possums since...haha.

Attached Files: