1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Anyone see American Stuffers?

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by s+t skulls, Jan 6, 2012.

1. swampfox

swampfox New Member

I used up a box of kleenex tissues crying with the pet owners. ;)

2. madson

madson Member

Terrible

3. Oak Leaf

Oak Leaf New Member

I didn't see the full episodes, but this thread intrigued me, so I went and found clips and deleted scenes.

Maybe the full episodes are worse, but, I didn't see anything wrong with it. Seemed like a nice guy with a nice family. He found his "niche" in the taxidermy world. He handled the customers really well and while I could never have one of my pets "preserved" as "art"...I guess there are a number of people that want just that. Fortunately for them, he provides that service.

Personally I'd rather look at pictures and keep memories, but to each their own.

Like I said, maybe the full show was much worse, but the scenes I saw seemed fine. I'll have to try and remember to catch an episode.

4. thanks micheal p,we are all titled to our own oppinions,but i see your point as well
    oh and by the way i just looked in the mirror and your right we are alittle wierd hahhaa

5. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

Animalwizard, it's not you that looks weird, it's every damn one of us :)

6. Old Fart

Old Fart Active Member

michael p, you do have to admit that some of us are "weirder" that others.....not naming any names, of course!

7. Silverose01

Silverose01 Proud member of LTBBOI

I just watched it and I like the freeze dried pets he did. They looked pretty good. Though the tongue on Toot could've been pink instead of red. I'll probably watch it again.

Have to say one thing though, I miss Mounted in Alaska with Russell and the crew.

8. papagoose

papagoose papagoose and goslings

watched it was indifferent of the whole thing, did not like the pet stuff. my wife thinks i should do that kinda stuff i said no thank you cant have people crying in the shop. some people are strange this is true, maybe its me, they think taxidermy is weird, i think that freeze drying is cool. just an opinion no real opinion though ya right

9. DragunzGirl

DragunzGirl Chicken Assassin

GA
    Re: Re: Anyone see American Stuffers?

I loved it. I caant wait till next week.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

10. Ron B

Ron B Life Sucks.....Then comes the death roll!!!!

Alabama
    You know ..really normal people make sucky TV. It is entertainment not a documentary! Really normal, and plain speaking people pulling the same over dramatized aligator out of the water every week would last all of one episode! Same with pulling up a bunch of crabs! Only interesting once!

As for me I HATE the over acting and contrived conflict in ANY show but lets face it...thats what keeps it from being a documentary and boring the "normal" people to death!

11. Otterboy

Otterboy New Member

I live in Arkansas about an hour away and I watched them and the cameras at a local show last year. Its a TV SHOW not real world... I am glad he found a place for his work and is able to make a living at it and I hope the show works for him and he is able to put some extra cash in the bank. I did like MIA better for its production value but I will watch this show just as I watched MIA because its something that interest and entertains me and that's all. Not because I believe everything or anything I watch on TV its all entertainment now days anyway.

Alright now I have tossed my 2 cents in.

12. jake95

jake95 New Member

I didnt think it was THAT bad, but i dont think its right showing the dogs covered in blood and removing the eyes, imagine being the owner of that dog and seeing it like that.

13. joeym

joeym Old Murphey

It's OK for a reality show. They certainly have to make up drama for a taxidermy shop. In most cases. the only activity is one man working while listening to the radio.

14. roundyracer

roundyracer been to the mountain and seen the elephant.usmc 68

After watching American Stuffers last night,came away puzzled?yes Ive used bondo,however missing the measurements that far seemed out of reality for a raccoon.Would you have bondoed or foamed to enlarged the form?On another note the family who prays together stays together.However be carefull before praying is takeing out of Taxidermy.

15. Cathy

Cathy N.E.A.T President

Mine too.

16. Carl Settle

Carl Settle Member

Ohio
    liked mounted in Alaska better too. not sure if this guy is brain dead or a idiot. watched him bust a window out last night to get a freezer out that wasn't getting cold , only to find out the thermostat was turned down, I think he even said that he didn't realize it had a thermostat.

17. osbornetaxidermy

osbornetaxidermy New Member

Agree on that the dogs look pretty good(don't think I could do it) but alot of the mounts around the shop looks rushed and cheesy.

18. maxart

maxart Member

To me it was just another clever way Hollywood is letting the masses know that hunters and the like are uneducated and out of touch with modern society, generally strange people. Take a look at what the camera catches... dead rotting things every where, an employee that looks he is mentally challenged, another new employee that is " fairly normal and going to college like normal people do " and is sickened by everything she sees in the shop,along with her studying at work just to show how ignorant and uneducated her boss is. The clients...the people they personify as outdoorsman and hunters are right out of Deliverance.
    Oh my God! Very disappointed

It all fits right in there with the pig and alligator hunting shows that they have to subtitle because "us stupid outdoorsy types cant speak real good "

I graduated from the University of Southern California with degrees in Music and Art, have three full time employees that are also educated,and I am not planning on hollywood calling me anytime soon.

Max

19. livbucks

livbucks Well-Known Member

Listen.....if TV was a mirror of reality, would anyone ever watch it? We get enough reality every day in our lives. I see nothing wrong with it. It's entertainment.

20. I watch TV to escape reality.