1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Tilting head up?

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by iltrapper, Jan 9, 2012.

1. iltrapper

iltrapper Member

I'm working on a revolution curious alert and want to tip the head slightly up. I'm not sure where to cut on the neck? I've got somewhat of an idea but thought someone might be able to steer me in the right direction. Thansk

2. the first thing you want to do is level the head,next you will want to make reference marks to realign the head/ neck union and make one cut at the base of the head /neck union next measure and mark how thick of a wedge you need to cut ,most times an 1 1/4 is all you need , the cut off mark will taper off to paper thin at the bottom of the cut next flip the wedge you just cut around and bondo in place ,when the bondo cures sand and recreate the muscles with critter clay or paper mache and study your reference hope this will help you out doug

3. Kyle Lakey

Kyle Lakey Active Member

Here is one I did with the same technique as doug explained except I hollow out the head piece and neck a bit and take the center out of the wedge and cut a breather hole for excess foam to escape from and foam it all back together. Then just shape the foam back to recreate the muscles. Couldn't find my alteration pics but this was the end result of tilting the head up higher on a 64U.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Jerry

Jerry New Member

I use screws to hold antlers onto the form. Never seen anyone use rope before???? I couldnt resist. Sorry

5. Jerry thats a good 1 LOL

6. Kyle Lakey

Kyle Lakey Active Member

haha yeah I was able to pull the rack off with the wire and get it all back together exactly how it was. Was tricky to cape and deal with the ears though.

7. Jerry

Jerry New Member

Thats crazy how that happens. Nice job on the mount.

8. swampfox

swampfox New Member

I like the alteration, looks great. I mounted one many years ago that had trotline cord wadded up in the antlers. ;)