1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Is my deer ready yet...?..

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by hounddoggy, Jan 11, 2012.

1. hounddoggy

hounddoggy Member

And the calls have begun!,,,,

I want to shut my phone off so bad. I love it when they say. I'm not rushing ya just checking to see how it's coming along. I know I should be happy to have work and I am but at times these type calls get me I'll. Ever notice the phone never rings til you're sewing one up or setting eyes. Hope you all are having a great year

2. fozziebear

fozziebear New Member

Yea I'm get'n them already too, I love it when you get the ones that dropped them off at the end of gun season, I got two of them this week. They seem to get right off the phone with ya when you mention it has only been a month and it says 6-12 months on the contract they singed lol (contacts courtesy of Greg Livbucks ;) ;D ), I'm not even into gun deer yet . In the short time I have been in this biz I have noticed that its almost always the gun hunters that are impatient, it seems the archery guys are much more pateint.......go figure Like you said , its good to be busy! It's a part of the job that you NEED to get good at, customers are kinda important to our survival . I always take a deep breath and answer my phone w/ a smile ;)

3. rnviper3

rnviper3 New Member

I'm not worried about the phone ringing when sewing or setting eyes. Its when I just mixed a batch of bondo or some molding agent that I don't like. But then again I don't answer it then. Thats what voice mail is for.

4. Dawg3458

Dawg3458 New Member

lol....Had a guy drop a head off about 3 weeks ago. He called me about a week later wanting to know how it was comeing....

5. dc taxidermy

dc taxidermy Me and My Baby's senior picture

A guy dropped a duck off yesterday and came by today to see if I had started on it...I told him if was going to hang out, I'd put him to work, I told him I had a broom with his name on it, He didn't hang arround long....DC

6. rnviper3

rnviper3 New Member

I have been telling customer for the last few years that they are welcome to call as often as they would like to check on their mount, but that they will get the same answer. What is the due date on the contract, thats when it will be done until about a month before then it will be in the freezer just like it has been. Believe it or not most don't bother to call until a month before its due if at all.

7. hounddoggy

hounddoggy Member

Dc. Tell them to go to Harry seafood house or big e for a bite to eat and not come back til the tourist roll in!,,

8. Kydeerhunter03

Kydeerhunter03 New Member

I had a guy drop one off last year at the end of January, which is the last month for deer season here in ky. I was just getting into my October deer by then so I told him his deer was in the back of the line and that it would be a while. Well Lo and behold my phone is ringing TWO DAYS later wondering what the status was of his deer. I told him, I have the hide in the feezer and the antlers on the drying rack....and thats where they are gonna be for about 8 months lol

9. red oak

red oak New Member

use a blue tooth or a headset so you can talk to your customers and still work. don't know how i would get all my work done without one

10. I have not gotten one call yet to check on deer from this past season. They all know going in that it will be atlest eight months before they will see it again.

11. Hedhuntr

Hedhuntr Member

You guys with your 6 months to a year. I get them back to them in 30 days or less.

12. tem

tem Well-Known Member

tell us your secret. :eek:

13. Uncle Harley

Uncle Harley New Member

I did too when I took in 5 and tanned them myself LOL!

14. Hogholley

Hogholley New Member

I don't get them out in 30 days even for a rush price, lol.

15. kikkertinz

kikkertinz Glass half full

they get mine back in 7 days Hedhnutr

16. I'm with rnviper3 on the voice mail. I usually return their calls in 7 days or so.

17. rnviper3

rnviper3 New Member

I don't wait 7 days to call them back. I just finish what I was doing and call them back.

18. bill@hogheaven

[email protected] New Member

I never call them.

19. jim tucker

jim tucker Active Member

Did anyone ever just want to say this:

Oh HI! Your deer has been done for about a month but I didn't call because I have so much money I was saving yours for a rainy day!

I tell my customers that the very SECOND the paint is dry they will get a call.

20. srholmes30

srholmes30 Living each and every day

1 Call for me