1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Craigslist taxidermist

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by deerhunt1985, Jan 11, 2012.

1. deerhunt1985

deerhunt1985 Only dead fish go with the flow

http://jackson.craigslist.org/spo/2793027643.html

Haha

2. redwolf

redwolf Active Member

LMAO! That's funny. His card says "Making memories last" and then in the ad he says "your mount MAY or MAY NOT be perfect but its cheap" :D :D

3. deerhunt1985

deerhunt1985 Only dead fish go with the flow

Yea BUT, he is covered up with work?lmao

4. redwolf

redwolf Active Member

lol I guess we all started somewhere.

5. joeym

joeym Jeannette & Joey @ Dunn's Falls

He's in a good location! Lots of big deer killed around Flora, MS and lots of bargain hunters out there willing to settle for less.

6. jkjohn

jkjohn New Member

And he is Atleast 2 months behind !!!!

7. jcrosstaxidermy

jcrosstaxidermy New Member

gotta love that fish

8. Hedhuntr

Hedhuntr Member

Good God! One word: L-O-S-E-R

9. tem

tem Well-Known Member

i don't know whats funny er? him or the $65.00 ???

10. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

Nothing says " I got screwed" like his customers.

11. roundyracer

roundyracer been to the mountain and seen the elephant.usmc 68

Money for supplies only.The bass must really be way under others.Lets see Black white and green plus form,(cardboard)one eye and a litttle mache= ?

12. nickstax

nickstax New Member

kinda reminds ya of the guy who would paint any car or truck any model for only 99.95

13. GC424

GC424 New Member

may be the greatest sale tactic ever?

14. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

I bet after his 20th deer lesson, he is thinking about the other 80 he took in, and that he could be getting $400 for each one of them,,, but he has to do them for peanuts.

15. Whitetailart

Whitetailart New Member

Wonder if he is related to that taxidermy guy that got the post deleated yesterday ?

www.rednecktaxidermy.org

16. Steven .B

Steven .B New Member

Can't blame him for trying and he is being honest!!! He is up front with his customer's and they know the risk they are taking.. Lets face it I know we all hate to see a new taxidermist pop up doing not so quality work and you will always have new guys coming and going, but Taxidermy is no secret and it seems more and more people are doing it if not for the public for them self's to save a dollar... There are quite a few doing it in my area!! If you think about it you can come on this site and find out anything you want to do, at No cost free schooling, bringing people like him in.. He will soon find out you only get what you put into it and most do not have the patients to do what we do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

17. Hedhuntr

Hedhuntr Member

I have customers. I do not consider them "patients"

18. kikkertinz

kikkertinz Glass half full

??? ?

19. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

So which is better, getting some lessons, or just cutting your teeth on customer trophies, and only learning how to throw them together? He is not getting "better",, there is no way one can get better just by assembling them from scratch. Sooner than later, he will need to know what he is doing wrong, he is just guessing at it.

20. franchi612

franchi612 New Member

The only good thing about people like this is they bring work to other taxis who have to remount the crap. Anyone dumb enough to trust their "trophy to this guy deserves what they get. Very few people can teach themselves by practice or watching a dvd.