1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

how to clean eyes

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by kirk33, Jan 12, 2012.

1. How do you guys clean the paint off of glass deer eyes after you do the finish painting?

2. Soft paint brush, paint thinner and windex. :)

Just dip the brush in a little of whatever you need, and wipe off the eye with it. Make sure your brush isn't too wet, or it'll drip on the painted area that you want to keep painted!

3. o.k. thank you, I have tried that before but I think scraping them with a razor blade works better, However the last couple years I have had a few come out with scratches in the eye and I wonder if I am doing it with the razor. They are tochion eyes, sorry for the spelling

4. redwolf

redwolf Active Member

Have you tried brushing modge podge on the glass before you paint them? After it dries you can get it off a lot easier.

5. jake7719

jake7719 Active Member

Q-tips (cotten swabs) work for me.

6. miker

miker Member

OHIO
    Go to the beauty department of a wally world get some cuticle sticks (little wooden sticks) scrapes the paint right off no scratches

7. Cotton swab with just a touch of glass cleaner, do not saturate it. Clean as much as you can with out touching the skin around the eyes. Then use a tooth pick to clean the edges.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Small semi soft brush, with denatured alcohol, work from the middle to the edges, at 47 yo i need my optivisor to see and clean it good. If it looks clean with the optivisor on it will sparkle to the naked eye. i then finish up with a little windex on a cotton rag

9. Thank you all for responding with some really great information!

10. papagoose

papagoose papagoose and goslings

q tips and dental picks