1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Anyone here buy antler by the pound?

Discussion in 'For Sale' started by ddworkm, Jan 12, 2012.

1. ddworkm

ddworkm New Member

have some antlers I would like to sell by the pound. Wanted to make sure there was some interest before i take the time to seperate the ones i would let go by the pound

2. ddworkm

ddworkm New Member

[​IMG]

have alot to go through

3. deckdude

deckdude New Member

How much

OutdoorHub Mobile, the information engine of the outdoors.

4. ddworkm

ddworkm New Member

Ill get back to ya. I was hoping someone here could help me with what to ask by the pound. 90 percent of them are farm raised. ill do some research on what they normally sell for cause i have never sold by the pound

5. Marking

6. rickey logan

rickey logan Active Member

I've paid 8.00 for cutoffs and sheds.........

7. would be interested when you have a price let me know

8. $7-$9 per pound. Cutoffs lower end, sheds higher end.

9. I'm interested... Same range as the others.. $7 to $9.. Less for stuff with Cracking. I would be interested in Everything shown...

10. ddworkm

ddworkm New Member

Ok guys I have alot of intrest. Let me find a way to weigh these. And some im sure will be seperated out. I will get pictures of the group with a weight.

this thread will be bumped when I have that figured out and all pm's will be answered at that time.

thanks
    Derek
    574-850-1175

11. j.sonnenfelt

j.sonnenfelt New Member

guys be careful buying pen raised antler for that much. All the minerals and extras make those antlers heavy and hard. Not knocking your sale just speaking from experience.

12. Doesn't really matter when you resell by the pound...

13. dwalls

dwalls New Member

I've been trying to find a shed for a habitat. Any way you would be willing to part with one? I'd like a small or medium shed from a 8 point.

14. elkman

elkman hunter I guided for 2006

i have over 2000lb of #1 elk sheds,,,, if sold in one lot $15,500

15. cloudycr

cloudycr Member

LMAO!! BEWARE!!!ya dont buy any pen raised deer sheds they have to much mass and are to hard to do anything with i belive thats the stupidest s#!t ive heared all week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

16. elkman

if you are not brave enough to post your real name on here ,,, mit shouldnt interfer with others buissness,,, ;)

17. cloudycr

cloudycr Member

really (elk man ) well its david westbrook do you need my adress and phone number also ,i raise deer and thought that was a stupid post ,i can give my opinion right this is still america?

18. elkman

if you look at top of the for sale listing,,, says ya shouldnt try to discourage others sales,,and that is exactily what ya are doing,,,,the purpose of this for sale site is to help fellow taxidermist to get together with what we may have to sell or trade,,,,,, its not intended to be someplace for you to harrass , pester, annoy others,,,,this is the best resorce for a *taxidermist to get in contact with his felllows ,, we all will find a good use for this site, but lets keep it to that
    ////////// and i guess i feel everyone should post their real names instead of a alias,, just a thought,, and that would solve alot of this sort of thing

19. elkman

here is the post from the top listing

Do not post comments that detract from or discourage sales in another members for sale post. Things like "thats too much money" or "thats a lousy mount" or "I can get you one cheaper" or that score is wrong in my expert(?) opinion" or "really?" and so on...

If you feel your advice is needed, simply PM them. Be considerate of one another here. This also allows all of you the same opportunity here in the for sale section. Im sorry this seems so gruff, but come on, we shouldnt even have to tell people this. Remember, courtesy.

20. cloudycr

cloudycr Member

lmao ,you need to read my post again i wasn't discouraging any sales i was making fun what he said about penned deer sheds (i raise deer hence i sell my sheds) not harassing people so maybe you you should read the posts a little better before you jump someone .