1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Chicken Fried Wisdom and Heartfelt Venison!

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by artwildcreate, Apr 16, 2007.

1. artwildcreate

artwildcreate Don't look at me.....

Hey ya'll. I just thought I would share a blog I wrote last deer season.. Enjoy...

Chicken Fried Wisdom and Heartfelt Venison!
    Deer season is well upon us, and some have feasted on some good grub by now. When I say good grub, I mean one of the finest meals money can't buy! If you have never tasted chicken fried backstrap, then partner, you have been living a deprived life! Just to let you cityfolk in on what I am referring to....chicken fried backstrap is as follows.... the cut of venison that runs along the deer's backbone the length of its torso. You cut this "backstrap" into steaks, tenderize with a cleaver, bread with all of the right ingredients, and then fry it in butter and oil till golden brown. Make ya some flour and milk gravy with some of the grease, make some mashed potatoes, green beans with pieces of bacon in them, fresh biscuits, and a cold glass of sweet iced tea!

When you sit at a table with this in front of you, you better say Grace, because it doesn't get doesn't get any better. If I get to Heaven, and it ain't being served. then I am gonna borrow Cupid's bow, and then well, you can figure out the rest....

There is only one thing that can make that meal better, and that is when it is in good company. Then again, the right company can make just about anything better. Take the chicken fried baskstrap for example..It is mighty tasty as is, but it is a whole heck of a lot better with some good gravy setting atop of it! We are not meant to walk this world alone. God does not want us to walk it alone. We have him at our side spiritually everyday. However, his hugs can't be felt physically, therefore we need someone here on Earth to provide us with comfort in our times of need. We as humans often isolate ourselves when we are struggling, when it is the exact opposite we should be doing. We have churchs to establish communtiy and fellowship. God brings us together because we are stronger in numbers. When countries are at war, they don't send just one soldier at a time to fight, do they? We as Christians are at war everyday! I have seen the battlefield in my heart where the devil is fighting for my soul. As Christians, we are soldiers of God, and we fight for him daily. I have felt weak in my fight, and witnessed the power God has... I have felt the strength of many carrying me through my struggles.....

Let me stress that it is important that we find our gravy. I know that backstrap might taste good with ketchup or some other condiment you have a taste for, but it doesn't come close to how it tastes with good gravy. With that being said, you shouldn't pick the wrong company to keep. I can't imagine what backstrap might taste like with grape jelly or peanut butter, and to tell ya the truth I don't want to know. They just don't go together!

Many times we find ourselves in relationships with the wrong people. May it be just a friendship or more, the level of relationship isn't a factor here. What I am saying is that backstrap taste better to me alone, than it would with grape jelly on it. Let me say this.. We are the backstrap..God is the seasoning and breading, and that special someone in our lives is the gravy..... So, Bon Appetit.....