1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Alaskan Fishing Trip Order

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by kbauman, Jan 14, 2012.

1. kbauman

kbauman Active Member

OK
    Today, I received an order for several different fish that were caught on a recent Alaskan fishing trip. The client caught: a 18" Canary Rockfish, a 15" Kelp Greenling, 2 China Rockfish (16" & 12"), a 37" Ling Cod, a 14" Irish Lord, 16.5" Quill Back Rockfish, a 20"5 Black Rockfish, and a 19" Copper Rockfish. The client supplied all fish, except the 37" Ling Cod. He is willing to accept skin mounts or replicas of these fish. I have searched every supplier in which I am familiar, and haven't came up with a single "hit" in the order. I could skin mount these or custom mold each. I was looking for any experience in skin mounting these and any problems (oil) that maybe associated. I am also interested working a deal with any individual who may have a similar custom mold of one of these fish. The biggest problem, I am incurring, is locating a 37" Ling Cod replica. If anyone knows of a similar mold, please pass on the location to me. If anyone has any mounting experiences or molds of these oddities, I would love to hear from you, also.

2. PaBear

PaBear New Member

Try Tom Kaiser in Soldotna, Alaska.

3. JE

JE Well-Known Member

Have you tried Dave at Fisherman's tale ?
    try this link www.envision3d.ca to his new site, it takes a little finding but there is a link on there to his "additional" fish list.
    John