1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Number of Taxidermist

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by bhymel, Jan 16, 2012.

1. bhymel

bhymel Member

I don't do allot of posting on here, just mostly reading and learning, i seem to notice a whole lot of taxidermist on here from Michigan and Pennsylvania, Are these two states the Taxidermist Capitol of the US. LOL

Billy

2. gab

gab Active Member

maybe per capita,but i would guess texas has the most.

3. Michigan is the 250-300 $ deer mount mecca of the USA.

4. kikkertinz

kikkertinz Glass half full

i seem to notice the ones from Texas n Alabama the most lol

5. tviper56

tviper56 Active Member

There are a few of us from Missouri too!

6. gab

gab Active Member

you usually forget about texas 'cause we're all shy and don't like to brag too much ;D

7. James Marsico

James Marsico Well-Known Member

Cody Wyoming has 21 licensed taxidermists; it is a town of around 9000. and the next largest town of Billings Montana is 90 miles away.

8. kikkertinz

kikkertinz Glass half full

LOL thats what im sayin

9. gab

gab Active Member

if i go 90 miles in every direction thers'well over 200,over 50 if i just go 15 miles.but for one town,you've got our per capita beat.we have 40 for about 40,000 people

10. I have to disagree with that statement.
    There are well over 1000 licensed taxidermists in the state of MI. Who knows how many working without the proper paperwork. I would say that's a few for the state.

11. Steven .B

Steven .B New Member

I'm from PA and there's a taxidermy shop on every corner of the block!!! I can't tell you how many people I have meet that are not licensed and do their own and there Buddy's.. Most give up and I end up getting the work because they don't have the patients or the experience!!!

12. Randy Miller

Randy Miller Active Member

I guess you know what your work is worth, Quit bragging! :D

13. RTtaxidermy

RTtaxidermy My Daughters Elk

I would turn them away at that price. There is no need to work for free

14. joeym

joeym Jeannette & Joey @ Dunn's Falls

There's one under every pine tree here!

15. tviper56

tviper56 Active Member

Couldn't be one on every corner in my town Steven. There seems to ba a Baptist church on all our corners. Nothing against the good Baptists.....just a lot of them.

16. There are some really good taxidermists here in Oklahoma, but there is alot of $200-$300 double crap-mounters even ones that have been in buisness for decades(and still mount the same exact way they did 30yrs ago and still charge the same price from back then.)