1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Cat skeleton

Discussion in 'Skulls and Skeletons' started by scanman, Jan 17, 2012.

1. Cat skeleton I finished for a school, cat had chronic sinusitis.

[​IMG]

2. Nice skeleton! The beginning [ of the image tag is missing in your post so the photo did not get embedded.

3. Thanks, got it fixed.

4. Very nice, could u post more pics of the skull?

5. Here's one of the skull and the bone damage.
    [​IMG]

6. Sea Wolf

Sea Wolf Well-Known Member

Ouch! Good job with the skeleton though.

7. Poor cat must have went through a lot of pain. Was the cat declawed in the front?

8. Voltrax

Voltrax New Member

Nice kitty. My own cat is still in cleaning process, but I will post pics when I'm done.
    It looks like sternum cartilage is intact? How did you manage to do that?

9. Guus

Guus Member

Nice skeleton! Did you beetle it? Impressive skull, really adds to the whole piece. I'm just wondering about the pose, it looks like it is somewhere in between sitting and getting up to go? Maybe it is the angle on the picture, just got my attention.

10. michael69

michael69 Active Member

nice job!

11. Thanks for the kind words.

WolfGirl- Was the cat declawed in the front? Yes the front is declawed.

Voltrax- It looks like sternum cartilage is intact? How did you manage to do that? I drill and insert a wire down through the sternal bones while they are still together. Once I glue all the ribs on, I insert a piece on wire in the end of each rib and the other end through a hole drill in the sternum. Using the measurements from each individual section of cartilage I set the distance between from the distal rib to the sternum and glue things in place. Then all the cartilage is sculpted with Magic Sculpt epoxy. Probable more than you wanted to know.

Guus- Did you beetle it? No, all done by hand. I agree with your perception of the pose, but I gave into to having the hind feet entirely flat to make it more secure, knowing it would be used in the classroom.

12. mikeymeyer

mikeymeyer New Member

awsome skeleton now that's a cat i would let in my house

13. Mike, are you implying that a good cat is a dead cat? LOL Least he won't shed.