1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Wildlife gallery Oops!

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by west1542, Jan 18, 2012.

1. cwt

cwt Active Member

Dont worry about it. We all know what it is like to have plans for your work and they get foiled. I know all to well. This year has been the worst for me with having a new shift at my full time job I AM WAY BEHIND. But just have to try to roll with the punches man. At least they are paying for the shipping.And I wouldnt woryy to much what others say on here. including me.

2. Bout time there's some normal people on here I didn't think the post was that out of line and they havent made it right yet because it's not over I've talked to the guy and didn't give him a hard time at all I told him I understood I was just telling an experience so people that think about using this service can decide if they still want to. It's the scary side of using a out of shop tannery with customer hides.

I get to go pick up my mounting stand I made at work today for $5.50 so I'll be in a better mood ;D. Ill post pics later in case anyone else may want one

3. Well, I will never use them, they are immoral.
    Remember all the talk about them stealing customers?
    I got the see them try it with a friend of mine and his african clients,
    just about 2 months back.

4. Now that's worth complaining about. Not saying the original complaint wasn't worth complaining about, just seems un-noteworthy.

5. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

It is only business, America was founded on it. Trade beads for land, if you buy at Walmart, you are killing the Mom & Pop stores. Walmart lured customers away from the little family ran stores.

6. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

John, I didn't know you were a veteran also like many of us. Thank you for your service.

7. jcompton

jcompton “One of these days Alice. Pow!Right in the kisser"

Jesus Jet Skiing Christ !! went from tannery mistake to have you served your country? in a split second ! BTW..thanks for your service Michael P & hope evrything is going well for you in South Tejas!

8. jcompton

jcompton “One of these days Alice. Pow!Right in the kisser"

is this the tannery in Denton?

9. mdupertuis

mdupertuis Active Member

That's what I was thinking.....sure went south fast as most posts do. Seriously, if someone posts things you think are trivial, why not just keep your mouth shut and move to the next one? None of us post things that are significant to every reader, but it is a free Forum, you are free to discuss things on your mind and free to move to the next one if it isn't relevant to you. So next time the urge arises to bash someone elses thoughts, remember that the thoughts you post are equally irrelevant to many readers who just happened to have the common ****ing courtesy to shut up and move on.

10. michael p.

Marty dropped the F bomb!!!! :eek:

11. I do think my rant was worth it now........I get here today and have a fedex failed delivery attempt on my door, they will try two more times , which I wont be here to recieve because I will be at work. All my orders from WLG come UPS which being that they put it in the hands of the other customer that the order was switched with he used fedex for some reason that requires a signature. So I call fedex and they tell me they cant hold it at the neasest location which is 75 mile round trip and they cant call the driver to see if hes in the area so I can meet him they said hes a contracted driver and they cant call him.........SO NOW WHAT? I left WLG an email and told them if I had to make the trip I expected to be reimbursed is that to much to ask for??????????? If this order goes back a second time Im gonna lose it.........!

12. michael p.

Do taxidermy full time like many of us and you will be at work to receive it :)

13. kikkertinz

kikkertinz Glass half full

LOL maybe :p

14. No, its like me calling your customers and telling them to not use you
    and bring their stuff to me. I dont think you would let me get by with that.

15. Hedhuntr

Hedhuntr Member

LMAO!!!

16. mdupertuis

mdupertuis Active Member

Really Paul.....not the same at all. If I pay a tannery to do their job and tan hides for me, I expect them to tan the hides and not try to get the customers to have them do the taxidermy as well. This came into play with some Caribou I had sent to them directly from an outfitter in Alaska to tan. The customer called me and said he was contacted twice about having them do the mounting, and how they were far more experienced with animals like Caribou. That is straight up bull s h i t and is not what America was founded on at all. I let it go and just don't deal with them on any level.

17. B.S.O'Hare

B.S.O'Hare Member

Forum?