1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

My favorite...Poll

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by Keller, Oct 2, 2006.

1. Deer

32.1%
  2. Turkey

3.8%
  3. Duck

13.2%
  4. Goose

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Fox

4.7%
  6. Fish

17.0%
  7. Exotic

5.7%
  8. Other

23.6%
  1. Keller

Keller New Member

I love doing Birds in general. Nothing gives me such a feeling of accomplishment. Just wish I could do then better.

2. I like doing fish the best but am probably better at doing birds.

3. JL

JL Taxidermist for 64 years

I need to make all the money I can in order to pay my bills and be able to afford a few hunting and fishing trips. Mounting fish puts the most money in the bank for the time and materials invested....so I like mounting fish the most. JL

4. Cole

Cole Amateur Taxidermist

I get tired of doing deer day after day after day... My favorite thing to do in the shop is fish painting wether it's a skin mount or replica. I don't think I could ever get tired of that.

5. I also enjoy mounting fish the most. It is to me more artistic to do the painting and habitat work that goes with fish.

6. When I need to relax and find joy in doing taxidermy again (getting burned out every now and then) it is my lizards I love to mount. Them little dudes look like miniature dinosaurs and I enjoy the heck out of mounting them. :)

7. Becky P

Becky P One must believe the glass is half full.

I like ducks the best, even though mine are nowhere near the best. LOL You can do so much with a duck, well any bird for that matter, you are not as limited to poses. (Except for customers how think they are all suppose to be flying. LOL)

8. KevinH

KevinH Active Member

I like doing bears. Somethimes they can be a real....well, bear. I like the challanges you get with them. Altering forms, and such. The only thing I dont like about them is all the fat they have when skinning and fleching them. But I do like bears the best so I voted other.

9. Guess what Bec, you will like your work a lot more come duck season. I'll see to that. ;D LMAO

10. hford

hford New Member

I like fish the best because I can turn so many more out, and that means more money. I do fish for several shops.

11. EJ

EJ Proud Member of: Unaffiliated, Free Agent

I enjoy doing deer the most. ;D

12. jkidd

jkidd New Member

I enjoy fish the most.

13. i enjoy just about all types. I love taxidermy

14. Cecil

Cecil Well-Known Member

Fish. I used to do a lot of deer mounts but after awhile they got monotonous. To me once you've seen one you've see 'em all.

15. Jims Wildlife Studio

Jims Wildlife Studio Full Time PA Taxidermist

I would have to say deer. Both whitetail and mule deer.

16. Nina Lukaszewicz

Nina Lukaszewicz Outdoor Dreams Taxidermy

Deer...I just can't see myself getting into fish or bird taxidermy that much.

17. joeps

joeps Active Member

i love those old toms nothing like a big ol gobbler in full strut alot of guys hate them ,but i find the hardest part about them is the leg rods

18. crankin

crankin New Member

WI
    just big game in general for me, dont mind the others but they wear on me

19. bigfish90

bigfish90 New Member

FISH, its the only taxidermy I now do!

20. Perca

Perca Active Member

Fish. There is a great variety and I never cease to get excited about working with the lunkers I get