1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Making the eyes stand out.

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by Mrwhttail, Apr 17, 2007.

1. Mrwhttail

Mrwhttail THIS IS WHY I LOVE BEING A DAD!

After completing a mount , is there a special spray that can be put over the eyes to make them seem more realistic?
    Appreciate the help!

2. Taxi-lover

Taxi-lover Active Member

I know just liquid crystal.

3. MONSTER140

MONSTER140 New Member

ohio
    What do you men over the whole eye or jut the lids? I run a bead of liquid crystal along the lower and upper eye lids to give it a fluid look.

4. jessicaj

jessicaj New Member

If you want your eyes to look more realisitic use Eppley eyes, they are the best eye I have found. There is nothing that can come close to the life like look. They even reflect light like a live deers eye at night, pretty neat! If you want something to paint over the eye I know there is something that you just paint on but don't know what it's called. Just search the suppliers

5. Ed Chambers

Ed Chambers New Member

I have used Sally Hanson Hard As Nails over the entire eye to give it more depth. One to two coats or until the desired depth is achieved to my liking. Ed.

6. If you want a bit...not too much,... than Hair Spray.. one shot.....and it holds (for Birds) the feathers in place...on deer. I alway's hit the nose & Eyes before they go out the door.
    Buck....

7. Randy Miller

Randy Miller Active Member

I would agree with Ed Chambers or I like to use Don Holt's Wet For The Wild.