1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Snowy Owl Question

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by Shadow_Wolf, Jan 23, 2012.

1. Shadow_Wolf

Shadow_Wolf Make it look alive and real

My professor would like me to do a snowy owl taxidermy and the school will be paying for the supplies since I do not yet have my own shop. The owl died of starvation and is frozen so measuring is kinda out of the question currently. Since I have not found an owl head form, I will be using the skull for that. I have found a body form, however. What size of eyes and what colors of paint would I need?

2. finazducks

finazducks EJ is not the only one to have two Wasco Awards

I have a head for a Snowy Owl works great
    Tony Finazzo
    909-886-8640
    [email protected]

3. alexm

alexm New Member

Good to use the real one 22mm yellow pail Research has some great bodies just don't make it to big .

4. Shadow_Wolf

Thanks for the info. ;D I'm trying to make a list of supplies so my prof can order them and I don't have to do the paperwork for having the school pay me back

5. jwprentice1

jwprentice1 New Member

Make sure your school has the proper permits,both State and Federal.

6. Shadow_Wolf

Yep, did that before I said I'd do the mount. Thanks for the reminder though.

7. jc1982

jc1982 Guest

Use the real head because unless you are REALLY REALLY GOOD at re-attaching the skin around the beak - it will never look right. An Owls head will invert like most ducks. Just turn it inside out and clean it out good.