1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

15th Mountain Lion. Please critique !

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by Dakota Hills, Jan 24, 2012.

1. ...

2. You should have used the Soucy method for the tail attachment and it would not have broken. Thats beautiful. Do you give lessons?

3. i think we need to get a judge on this post cuz that thing is just gorgeous

4. muscle20

muscle20 New Member

Oh! Nice man I like the way you have him crouched down, looking like he is trying to get away from the trap that broke his tail, the artistic expression and the painting on the face is exquisite along with the base, I can tell you put many hours in this piece of art work, if this is only your 15th cat, just think what your 16th will be like, nice job for your 15th, did you make the base yourself nice!

5. Thanks everybody !! I'm glad you can appreciate real art! I was a little afraid to post this one,cause I could spot a couple of things wrong with it.
    I don't think I can give any lessons right now because these competition quality hides are not easy to find. Muscle,,,, I am still working on a base,cause my wife wants the leaf back for her kitchen table! I will post more pics when I get the base done... If I can produce something worthy of this cat!

6. That i deffenatly art I personal think the only thing this needs is a24k gold base to help bring out the unique art. Dont settle for just regular old leaves,rocks or,enything below.Very unigue peice.

7. bmdakk

bmdakk Report to moderator

cant wait till john , the resident cat guru chimes in.

8. SD Cowgirl

SD Cowgirl New Member

Beauuuuuutiful! lol

9. THAT THING LOOKS FREEZE DRIED!!!!!!

10. Quiet !!!! Man,,, Your letting out my secrets!

11. kikkertinz

kikkertinz Glass half full

good job, keep at it, reference reference, reference

12. Frank from PA

Frank from PA Frank's other brother, Frank.

Do you really think you are going to get the message across? Kind of cruel, but justified. I remember many years ago there was a lady taxidermist in my area. I asked if I could stop by and show her one of my mounts and maybe ask a few questions. She cut me right off and said out of the question. I have never forgotten her cold manner and said I would never treat a newbie in the same tone. JMO!

13. Keith3

Keith3 New Member

I think you almost have it! Looking forward to your 37th mount, I'm sure you will have nailed it by then!!!

14. D_Hage

D_Hage New Member

The eyes really grab your attention, that's what I think sets this mount so far ahead is how alive it looks!

15. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

I guess I will be the bad guy to poop in your cheerios,, sorry to say this, but that cat would only pull a second place in the masters,,, try again next year.

16. 10inchbeard

10inchbeard Member

Thats a sabertooth Lion with five Legs or is that a tail?!?! :eek: :) :) ;D ;D

17. Mr-T,,,,, only second? Was it bacause I shaved it so paper thin that the whiskers all fell out? Oh,,,, I suppose I better not ask. You'll just tell me to throw a dart,,and start there?? ;-)

18. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

NOt a dart,,, throw some gas and a match.

19. RF

RF Member

That must be two different cats? I can see teeth in the second picture but not the first. Interesting pictures.

20. Rick Carter

Rick Carter Administrator

For a second I thought the tail was a fifth leg. Your 12th was better.