1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Western Regional Championships / Annual CAT Show & Competition

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by PWS, Jan 25, 2012.

1. PWS

PWS Active Member

2. RJ Simington

RJ Simington Active Member

When & where do aplications for 2014 Western Regionals need to be sent in by.

Tried to email Mark from the site & would not go through.

Can you have someone call me.

Oregon Association Of Taxidermist
    RJ Simington
    541 883 2492

3. PWS

PWS Active Member

I email Mark nearly every day and no problems, can you email me the response you're getting and I'll help ya out?

I'll forward your message to him.

Oh, and you should come down to the show!!

4. RJ Simington

I am planning on being there this year.

I miss the comroderee we used to have at the CAT shows.

As for the emails, I was going to the site from your post & then by hitting the tab on the site upper right. After hitting send it said there was an error in in Somethin.

5. PWS

PWS Active Member

6. RJ Simington

Thanks Paul

7. PWS

PWS Active Member

Any time!

8. PWS

PWS Active Member

9. matt dockstader

matt dockstader The Butcher Shop & Taxidermy

Re: Re: Western Regional Championships / Annual CAT Show & Competition

We're gonna make breakfast burritos in the parking lot saturday am whoevers interested! Lol

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

10. PWS

PWS Active Member

11. matt dockstader

Sounds like fun too bad I didnt see this sooner! Lol

12. PWS

PWS Active Member

Not too late Matt!!

BTW Everyone: Special appearance of CHUCK TESTA planned... hehehe

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJP1DphOWPs

11 million hits and growing... wow.

13. RJ Simington

Hey Paul, Can you PLEASE talk to whomever about the aplications for the next Western Regionals ?????

I have already emailed several times.

Can you have one of the board members call me so we can discuss this.

I didnt want to post it here AGAIN but , Well you know.....

RJ Simington
    541 883 2492 Anytime

14. RJ Simington

Looks like business as usual at the CAT board. ::)

& they wonder why the Long time members dont show up anymore. ???

RJ Simington
    541 883 2492

15. PWS

PWS Active Member

RJ, I know that your emails make it to me, so is it really necessary to post this? Worst case you can send me a pm and it will email me. I was swamped with my piece and getting ready for the show (being the registrar/scorekeeper and all), so I wasn't able to get on here and check for replies.

If you can't get a reply via email from Mark or Dan -- both of whose email addresses work quite well -- PICK UP THE PHONE AND CALL THEM. Their phones work quite well too. Mark may be busy at work and not answer (since he's a fireman and on 24 hour workdays), but he will call you back.

If you are impatient, you can call Dan. I will be very surprised if he does not answer. If he doesn't, I will be even more surprised if it takes longer than the next day for him to call you back.

If THAT doesn't work, you can call me or anyone else listed on the BOD. If you are 0 for 12, then get on here and bitch all you want.

We just had our show this past weekend. Almost 100 members (most of them returning), nearly 200 entries...

Yep, business as usual.

16. RJ Simington

I Did email Mark & called & left messages as dirrected by the Convention post on this site.

You also knew that we were trying to get ahold of Mark, since he is the president & the person in charge of the association.

You also told me that you would have Dan get ahold of me , HE DIDNT.

I finally got a call from Mark the day of the show, & he gave me an excuss as him computer crashed & he lost over 2000 emails Yet in the same sentence he tells me that there have already been bids from other states in reguard to holding the next show.

I left mesages on his phone & it took till the day of the show for him to call me back.

I have been going to the CAT shows since 1998, & have heard all the garbage that has went on in the association since that time & Was reasured by MARK that things were going to change when he took over.

I do not think anything has.

You Pound your chest like you were responsible for everything at CAT & Yet you couldnt pass on the info requested over 2 months ago ??

As I told Mark on the phone this is like a dirrect slap in the face to me & your sister organisation.

17. PWS

PWS Active Member

R.J., I spoke with Dan tonight and he will be calling you in a day or two. Same thing I told you last time. If I cannot answer your questions, I will forward them to someone who can. I cannot make them call/email you. If they don't, tell me again and I will AGAIN do my best to find you answers. If you want to shoot the messenger, be aware that this messenger shoots back.

(My first shot): you haven't been a member since 2008 and you haven't entered any pieces since 2006. (a direct contradiction to your statement that "I have been going to the CAT shows since 1998").

Mark's first show as President of the Association was in 2009.

I would suggest that you gracefully remove that chip from your shoulder and drive down to Sacramento next year to see the show and speak to us in person rather than relying on what you hear from others (who are clearly telling you what you want to hear or have a vested interest in disparaging our show).

18. Headstuffer

Headstuffer New Member

Amen PWS what a true observation, at least the CAT show is at a nice Hotel and not a livestock barn at the County fair Grounds. I have seen many improvments and upgrades since Mark has taken over and he will continue to get my vote for President. Every Show at every state that I have visited has had problems or issues but in the end we all go home with a 99.9% happy level, can't help the .1%.

19. matt dockstader

It was a great show and I had a great time cant wait for next year!

20. PWS

PWS Active Member

RJ: I was informed that no one will be calling you at this point. If you care to continue down this path, it will be of your choosing.