1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Maryland Taxidermist on History Channel

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by Ken Edwards, Jan 25, 2012.

1. Ken Edwards

Ken Edwards Taxidermy.Net Administrator Staff Member

Golden Beach Taxidermist on History Channel Tonight
    Larry the Cable Guy to serve as Harris' apprentice

[​IMG]
    Photo by Pilgrim Films and TV Larry the Cable Guy, left, gets a lesson in taxidermy from Golden Beach resident Jimmy Harris. The two be will on “Only in America with Larry the Cable Guy,” on the History channel tonight, Jan. 25, at 9 p.m.

Jimmy Harris, a St. Mary's County taxidermist who lives in the Golden Beach neighborhood, will appear on “Only in America with Larry the Cable Guy,” on the History channel tonight, Jan. 25, at 9 p.m.

On the television show Larry apprentices with Harris, “who will reveal how Americans turned stuffing critters into a popular — and sometimes very wacky — art form."

Harris said Tuesday he already had tickets to go see Larry the Cable Guy last May at the Calvert Marine Museum when he got a call asking him to be on the show “Only in America.”

“I guess they were looking for a taxidermist when they were in town,” Harris said. Harris has won dozens of awards for his taxidermy and immediately agreed to be on the show.

Harris hasn't seen the episode yet. He'll see it at the same as the rest of the show's viewers this evening.

The television crew did about eight hours of taping before Larry the Cable Guy went to Calvert to do his comedy show. “We covered a lot of things,” Harris said. All of that material will be condensed down to about 15 minutes, he said.

“It was fun. It was a great day. We laughed most of the day,” Harris said.

http://www.somdnews.com/article/20120125/NEWS/701259333/1075/golden-beach-taxidermist-on-history-channel&template=southernMaryland

Episode Description from the History Channel:

Extreme American Critters

Premiere Date: 01/25/2012

Larry spends this episode going to extremes to show you how Americans go to extremes when it comes to animals. He begins in the coastal marshes of Florida where he's assisting a guy with the ultimate alligator obsession. Larry helps the young researcher take blood, urine and even vomit from gators in the name of science. Then we are off to Colorado, where a terrified Larry works with the brave, dedicated staff of Serenity Springs, a haven that takes in ferocious big felines that have nowhere else to go and gives them state-of-the-art medical and dental care. Finally, Larry apprentices with a Maryland taxidermist, revealing how Americans turned stuffing critters into a popular--and sometimes very wacky--art form.

TV14 D-L

2. Re: Maryland Taxidermist on History Channel Tonight

Iam tuning in!
    I bet alot of folks watch Larry`s show. I`ve watched a couple of his standup routines and he is hilarious.

3. Re: Maryland Taxidermist on History Channel Tonight

Thanks for the heads up Ken. I'll definitely check it out

4. fozziebear

fozziebear New Member

Re: Maryland Taxidermist on History Channel Tonight

Yea I watched that last night and was gonna post something for people to watch but I figured it was a rerun and it would've been old news. LMAO I SAW "GIT'R'DOOOOOONE" DOIN TAXIDERMY ;D :D :D :D

5. Re: Maryland Taxidermist on History Channel Tonight

That was entertaining! Thanks for the heads up.

Bruce

6. byrdman

byrdman Well-Known Member

why was he skinning around the "vent" and testicles for a pedastal mount?

7. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

Before anyone says anything, the mounts that I saw looked very good.....HOWEVER......There was a helluva lot going on there I never understood....such as why he was working outside with the bird wheel for one, and the mallard "penis" was another one. It sure looked like larry was hacking hell out of that groundhog and the scrotum bags sure finished up in a real hurry.

8. ljones

ljones 1994 wasco award winner

i wondered about the working outside also, figured maybe his work area was like mine and so cluttered they figured it would make for better tv outside , just a guess

9. Carl Settle

Carl Settle Member

Ohio
    I enjoyed last nights show, Larry is a hoot, bet he has a great time while doing the show

10. skin_dog1

skin_dog1 New Member

Like all reality TV, there isnt much real about it. I'm sure a lot of that stuff was "enhanced for TV". Was entertaining none the less. For a fat dude ol Larry was moving pretty quick when he thought that tiger was waking up.