1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

im in trouble

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by daddys deerheads, Jan 27, 2012.

1. daddys deerheads

daddys deerheads Member

had a deer dropped off and after 9 hrs in shop i caped it out and left skull with horns in a tub in my floor, my son left the door open ,2 hrs later i go out to cut the horns off ,theyre gone! ,no other thing to do except tell customer the truth ,just not looking forward to the ass chewing.

2. kdogg_4

kdogg_4 Member

wow.. hope they are just playing hide and seek... hope you find them.. curious how this turns out, let us know how your customer handles the news...

3. josh s.

josh s. Active Member

Re: Re: im in trouble

Marking....do you suppose they were stolen or drug off??

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

4. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

Ask your dang dog where it went. Then go ask the neighbors dogs. Leaving stuff wide open for dogs is just asking for it.

5. josh s.

josh s. Active Member

Re: Re: im in trouble

You know T, when I was painting my shop in the summer I had the for wide open because of the fumes....well the next morning me and my wife went out to the shop so I could show her a piece I worked onn the night before....son of a B.....she says...that raccoon looks real....well I've never mounted a racoon....she flew out of the shop screaming!!! it was awesome....i then shot it with a22 short and tossed it... Lesson learned.... He was out there all night.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

6. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

LOL @ Josh,, I live where dogs are suppose to be on a leash, I do all my dirty work outside in the back yard, and have to go in the house many times for stuff, and I always put a lid on the tub, close the shed door, or put things up high, I never take a chance that some dog is going to come from nowhere and have a free snack.

7. verne

verne Well-Known Member

I`am very careful up here i northern MI seems like every one let`s there dogs run wild ; alot of people dump there deer carcases in the woods so the dogs have have a taste for venison , you see hides and legs on the dirt road , from the dogs taking the dumped deer carcases out of the woods.

8. Mr. T, why is it that some people just refuse to take responsibility for their dogs? I have neighbors that just let their dogs run loose. Luckily they haven't done any damage yet. About a year ago I caught a dog and placed it in my yard. I then called the neighbor to come pick it up. I tried to explain to this person that in my business I can't have dogs running loose. They looked at the dog and said "oh your in trouble now". You should have seen the look on their face when I told them that if their dog ever does any damage to a customers property that it would be up to that customer to decide what the lawsuit would be.

9. Bill Yox

Bill Yox Well-Known Member

I sure hope this gets resolved ok for you...

But for conversations sake here, I gotta be the bad guy here again. Its not the dogs fault...or the neighbor. Your customers drop stuff off to YOU, not the neighbors dog. Make sure it stays that way. See my point? Its up to YOU to secure the property, the shop, and the trophies stored there. If a dog can get to anything, thats on you. Yes, it should be on a leash or at its home, but its YOUR fault he could.

Personally, I dont trust people. People steal. People dont follow rules. Thats why its best to cover your butt, then people or their dogs, etc, cannot cause you any grief. Ive done it too, thought the door was locked, go check it and bingo, it wasnt. Call me paranoid, but Im responsible for the customer too.

Its ok to leave the lawn mower out, or the kids bikes, if you are comfortable taking that chance. But with business and other peoples trophies...no way.

10. Randy Miller

Randy Miller Active Member

x2 on what Bill said. An ass chewing from the customer wil be the easiest thing you may suffer. It's the ass chewing from the customer's lawyer that will hurt, plus the bad word of mouth this will generate. Do like T suggests and search around to see if a dog got it, hopefully it wasn't a human thief. I know I've stepped out the back door and seen people just standing around the door of my shop after dark, didn't knock or ring the bell. Can I help you? Oh I was just wondering what kind of things you do, blah blah.....
    Good luck to you.

11. daddys deerheads

daddys deerheads Member

i knew a dog got it , and i knew it was my fault,i never said it wasnt ,its all on me, my teenager does his homework in there at night due to silence,he left the door cracked, but i found them this morning ,i guess i was just venting and nervous as a cat shitting peach seeds last night. never been so relieved since i was in college and my girlfriends preg test cam back negative lol

12. Well good deal. Heck man I was nervous for you. That is a fear of mine. Some freak deal happening and losing a set of horns for a customer!!!!

13. TEARS.. LMAO.. Glad u got those horns..

14. Bill Yox

Bill Yox Well-Known Member

Daddys, I was not aiming that just at you, just a caution to all of us in general who were ready to take it out on the dog, lol. I am so glad you found them, yes, we really were all worried for you as muddobber said. Good luck to you!

15. Mirror Image

Mirror Image Member

West
    Good news, glad you found them.

I usually try to be pretty cautious myself. But one time I was caping this elk outside. I popped out the ivorys and set them on my tailgate out of reach of the dog. Got done took everything inside. Came back out to grab the ivorys and theres my mutt laying in the back of the truck licking his lips. Wanted to be mad at the SOB, but it was my fault. Had to follow his ass around for days to get those back. Chit Happens! :D

16. I have not laughed that hard in awhile! Thank you-down the road

17. daddys deerheads

daddys deerheads Member

oh i knew you wasnt aiming at me bro,just letting folks know it was my fault, thats why is was mad at myself and my son for leaving the door open..NEVER AGAIN

18. papagoose

papagoose papagoose and goslings

you are one lucky fellow

19. thank god!!! by the way just went out and checked my door to make sure it was locked, lol

20. Kerby Ross

Kerby Ross KSU - Class of '83; U.S. Army - Infantry (83-92)

I used to.......

During the day when I'm working in the shop I used to always leave the door open when I run into the house for a coffee break, but I've seen the neighbors dog running loose lately and can't take the chance. And worse yet is a pesky roadrunner that keeps coming into the shop while I'm working. He has knocked stuff over on the counter before, otherwise he is good company.....but I've been trying to scare him off so he won't attack any of my reptile mounts, etc..

:)

Kerby...