1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

1st set of 2012 KS sheds

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by asawyers, Jan 27, 2012.

1. asawyers

asawyers Member

Found these yesterday while walking creek bottoms cutting evergreens. Matched set with the 2nd antler being about 400yds from the 1st. Hope this is a sign of a good shed season. With a 19" spread this guy woulda went right at 169. Puts me up to 3 fresh sheds on the year. Anyone else finding any?

Attached Files:

2. 7-Point

7-Point Active Member

I haven't started to look yet. But that's a great buck, he'll be very nice next year.

3. Big Tine

Big Tine have a great day

awesome i have been training a shed dog cant wait to see how she does.

4. Found one of last year's sheds this bow season. Preserved very well. Buddy of mine found one in the middle of the road at Crane Naval Station in Indiana. Went today for 10 minutes in a bedding area near my house where I usually find some, but there was nothing.

5. shawc

shawc New Member

NE Ks
    Saw 2 bucks this weekend still holding both sides... I'm from ks too. Weather has been to nice to get out and look hard. Just going to push deer onto my neighbors property where they will drop. 169 huh? must be a lot more bone holding in hand.

6. D.C.O

D.C.O Dreamcatcher Outfitters & Taxidermy

nice find! nothing yet for me.

7. quackhead87

quackhead87 New Member

Great job on a good find, havent found any yet. Still looking for the 1st set of the year. Keep up the good work.

8. josh s.

josh s. Active Member

Re: Re: 1st set of 2012 KS sheds

Nice set of sheds!! My buddy just found a set two days ago...i want to start looking but just on the 20th I got a buck with both sides on camera....its a nice ten and I don't want to bump him so I will probley wait a couple more weeks.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

9. rexver

rexver New Member

just got back from Garnett K didnt find a single one walk over 400 acres and didnt miss much . must be a little slow

10. asawyers

asawyers Member

Picture doesn't do them much justice. Heres the measurements. I can't believe I found a set already. These were found on the ranch I work on. On my personal ground my deer still have theirs. I have been seeing some one horned bucks this week its just a little early to go.
    LMB 24 5/8
    G1 4
    G2 10 3/8
    G3 11 5/8
    G4 6 4/8
    H1 4 4/8
    H2 4 6/8
    H3 4 5/8
    H4 4
    RMB 24 2/8
    G1 4
    G2 10 5/8
    G3 11/58
    G4 6 4/8
    H1 5
    H2 4 7/8
    H3 4 3/8
    H4 4
    150 2/8 on horn. 19inch spread is what I think looks normal on him 18 puts his brows at a funny angle and 20 is too wide

11. asawyers

asawyers Member

only other pic I have on my comp of them

Attached Files: