1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Tanned Cross Fox REDUCED (Bastard Fox?)

Discussion in 'For Sale' started by northernmontana, Jan 30, 2012.

1. northernmontana

northernmontana Active Member

This is a tanned cross fox that is suitable for a lifesize mount. The pictures don't do this fox justice. Nice this hair that will make a great mount. Wet tanned, frozen and ready to ship. Price is $299 plus $16 shipping. Pm or email me at [email protected] or call (406)590-8971. We accept paypal, checks, money orders, and credit cards over the phone.

Thanks for looking and have a great night, Jody

SOMEONE GIVE ME $199 PLUS $11 SHIPPING AND IT'S YOURS.

I HAVE HAD THREE PEOPLE PM ME NOW AND TELL ME THAT THIS IS A "BASTARD FOX". NOW I'M NOT GOING TO SAY IF IT IS OR NOT BECAUSE TO BE HONEST I REALLY HAVE NO IDEA. THE PICTURE IS THE FOX YOU WILL BE RECEIVING WHATEVER IT IS A BASTARD OR A CROSS. IF SOME OF YOU GUYS THAT KNOW FOX BETTER THAN I DO KNOW EXACTLY WHAT IT IS PLEASE LET ME KNOW. I DO KNOW I BOUGHT TWO OF THESE FROM THE EAST COAST. THANKS.

Attached Files:

2. northernmontana

Re: tanned cross fox

pic

Attached Files:

• 1194.JPG
      1194.JPG
      File size:
      77.4 KB
      Views:

3. Re: tanned cross fox

Nice ;)

4. northernmontana

Re: tanned cross fox

Thanks, he is still for sale.

5. northernmontana

Re: Tanned Cross Fox REDUCED

SOMEONE GIVE ME $199 PLUS $11 SHIPPING AND IT'S YOURS.

6. northernmontana

I HAVE HAD THREE PEOPLE PM ME NOW AND TELL ME THAT THIS IS A "BASTARD FOX". NOW I'M NOT GOING TO SAY IF IT IS OR NOT BECAUSE TO BE HONEST I REALLY HAVE NO IDEA. THE PICTURE IS THE FOX YOU WILL BE RECEIVING WHATEVER IT IS A BASTARD OR A CROSS. IF SOME OF YOU GUYS THAT KNOW FOX BETTER THAN I DO KNOW EXACTLY WHAT IT IS PLEASE LET ME KNOW. I DO KNOW I BOUGHT TWO OF THESE FROM THE EAST COAST. THANKS.

7. RedWolf7

RedWolf7 Member

The breeders' term is "bastard red". A true red has a white belly and white or gray undercoat beneath it. A bastard red has a black belly and often has more black on the legs than a true red.

AABB Red fox - red with white belly and black legs
    aaBB Alaskan silver fox - Silver fox with brownish tones, esp around the ears
    AAbb Eastern standard silver fox - Pure blue black with silvering

AABb bastard red - red with heavy shading of dark, black belly, blacker legs
    AaBB Gold cross fox - Cross over the shoulders is red
    AaBb Silver cross fox - Cross over the shoulders is silver
    aabb Double silver fox - Black fox with silvering

Eastern standard silver x red yields 100% bastard red. Crossing of bastard reds inter se gives a palette of shades.

Source: "Beautiful Fur Animals and Their Colour Genetics", Published by Scientifur, pg 40-41

8. whttail

whttail New Member

If you bought this from the east coast (where I live) then it's a red fox. I see them all the time up here. This one doesn't have great hair as compared to the prime ones i've seen so it's either an early hide or a young fox.

9. RedWolf7

RedWolf7 Member

Here's a photo showing the two types of cross fox:

[​IMG]