1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

sorry, 22" neck on a whitetail?! w/ a 'd' measurement of 31" PHOTO ADDED

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by wetthereel, Feb 1, 2012.

1. wetthereel

wetthereel Member

i didn't even believe deer existed that were this big, but after filling my tag on a 7.5"x22"x26.5"x31", i am in search of a mannikin to fit this beast. the catalogs from McKenzie, vandykes, and WASCO didn't have much so i was wondering if any of u out there have run across any mannikins near this size. pose doesn't really matter at this point. for those wondering, the deer only scored 140 but the shed from the previous year showed it had put on an 8" tine off the base of the g2.

thanks

Attached Files:

• d3.jpg
      d3.jpg
      File size:
      48 KB
      Views:
    • d5.jpg
      d5.jpg
      File size:
      28.6 KB
      Views:
    • d14.jpg
      d14.jpg
      File size:
      28.7 KB
      Views:
  2. Re: 31" neck on a whitetail?!

Pics.

3. JSeiler

JSeiler Active Member

Re: 31" neck on a whitetail?!

Revolutions Intemidator form will work just fine, you will most likely have to alter the nose to eye as all the inteminater series I believe have an eye to nose of 8"

4. JSeiler

JSeiler Active Member

Measurements of a revolution Intimidator Series form 8"X26.5"X22.5"X31.5" there is one larger then this one as well. They make them in a simi-sneak off set and a simi-upright off set

http://www.revolutiontaxidermysupply.com

5. Re: 31" neck on a whitetail?!

X2

6. daddys deerheads

daddys deerheads Member

joe coombs semi sneak

7. swampfox

swampfox New Member

Mears has an offset sweep, and an upright that with minor alteration should work for you.

8. guinea1

guinea1 New Member

revolution will fit like a glove

9. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

Actually , you have a 22 inch neck. The common measurement that capes are identified with is taken right tight to the ears.

10. fozziebear

fozziebear New Member

I was wondering if anyone was gonna point that out.
    Your 22" cape will fit just about any form on the market.
    It takes an 8x25x28 to fit the Intimidator form. If you
    have to take that much off the form it will not look right

11. JSeiler

JSeiler Active Member

I was just gonna let him figure that out on his own he asked where he could find a big form and I pointed him in the direction he wanted. When someone thinks they have a deer with a giant neck and you tell them different it usually makes a lot of people upset. The best way to fix that is let them order the manikin that they think is the right size and when it don't fit maybe they will learn something or just invest in a cape snake and make it fit lol.

12. mimes

mimes Member

Amen T. Well said in a tasteful manner! LOL

13. wetthereel

wetthereel Member

thanks for all the tips everyone...looks like revolution is the way to go. i also liked some of their other selections.

acccording to rick, my catalog is on the way!

14. wetthereel

wetthereel Member

check out the photos...i watched this buck fight and break his left side off...found the tines

15. Nice buck. Why not put him back together, especially since you have the pieces? He will look even better restored to what he once was.

16. wetthereel

wetthereel Member

ya, i thought about restoring him, but i kinda like the story behind it and its somethin different than the rest of my mounts

17. livbucks

livbucks Well-Known Member

I actually feel that the form you put it on is a bit too big for the skin.

18. Rick Carter

Rick Carter Administrator

ED783 LT or ED784 RT from WASCO have the big deer look and will fit your measurements perfectly. The earbutts fit with Eppley earbutts. The deer on the cover of WASCO catalog is one size bigger but the same look.

19. wetthereel

wetthereel Member

what makes u say that? from what i remember...the armpit hair may have been tough to line up...other than that, it fit nicely

20. buckwild

buckwild New Member

joe coombs has a sweet pedestal. its a cpp101L, and it looks awesome on bigger deer. jmo