1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

The Month in Fish Pictures" ~Year 5~ February 2012 Edition!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by Rick Krane, Feb 2, 2012.

1. Paul C

Paul C New Member

LOLOL......I would be happy to do one for you. I get $25 an inch!

2. Paul C

Paul C New Member

Good eye. In 2008 NY started clipping the adipose fin of every chinook stocked in Lake Ontario. The laser clipping system they use is 99% efficient. That king is a 3 year old stocked fish.......believe it or not.

3. AnglingArtisan

AnglingArtisan Well-Known Member

SOLID WORK RANDY!!!
    Awesome consistency on some tough species :eek:

4. ryanstraw

ryanstraw my first brook trout on a fly 13"

Wow Randy amazing work!

5. kikkertinz

kikkertinz Glass half full

Love the look of that largemouth Randy!

6. 7-Point

7-Point Active Member

Great mounts Randy! I also love the largemouth.

7. wishbone

wishbone New Member

nice work Randy....they are beautiful!

8. Wow randy, that's amazing!!!
    Love the pumpkinseed, is that a flex eye?

The flow and curves to the fins and tail on the bass are really a great lifelike addition to compliment all the other great features of the fish.

Looks like I will make sure I don't try to go 2 the Michigan convention and compete with anything, LOL!
    Can I buy the pumpkinseed to enter in the Minnesota show? Jut kidding.

9. Thanks for the kind words. Gameover we would love to have you come to the MI show. Also these are not competition fish. Actually they are some of my production 2Nd's that I painted for display at my booth at the MI convention. I did a quick prep job on the fins with no detail and no seam work. I trimmed off the flashing with a knife and didn't do anything else and prepped and painted them all last week, these blanks are very user friendly. Yes that is a flex eye and it's what I use for commercial and competition work. I do like Jeff's Still Life Lenses but I still need to practice more. The LMB replica is a fish my Grandson caught last July. I ended up molding it and went to the Nationals with it two weeks later and received a first place ribbon. He has it in his bedroom and the ribbon on his wall. Thanks again for all the compliments and get out fishing. I should talk I have not been fishing in two years. Also the Seed will be for sale at the show for $90.00

10. I like the flex eyes for panfish and bass as well. There are a few glass eyes I like a lot better for some fish though. Never tried painting my own, maybe some day. I will have to look into the show, but it may be a long shot the Minnesota one is in April and it's going 2b tough to even get that stuff squeezed in before then.

No fishing for 2 years? Wow I thought my 2 weeks were bad! If I could catch 2 crappies like the ones you are holding I would be out every day. How big are those?

11. Kevin Halle

Kevin Halle Well-Known Member

Here are a few...

Attached Files:

12. Nice work Kevin!

13. Kevin Halle

Thank you Travis.

14. Nice Kevin. Really like the habitat with that redfish!

15. Really nice work Kevin. I like seeing how your work keeps getting better and better, great job.

16. Kevin Halle

Thanks Randy & Gameover. Randy, the more I do the more fun it becomes.

17. Nice fish Kevin.

18. Jim McNamara

Jim McNamara Well-Known Member

OUTSTANDING , outstanding, outstanding work on this thread!!!!

19. Kevin Halle

Thanks John