1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

meder liquid lens

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by Hedhuntr, Feb 3, 2012.

1. Hedhuntr

Hedhuntr New Member

when installing the New meder deer eye does the mark go to the front or the back?

2. duxdown

duxdown New Member

Front if not mistaken.

3. x2

4. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

Seems I'm not a Meder fan, but I bought a pair of these abominations just to see what all this "excitement" was about. I'm sorry. I've never seen a WHITETAIL with striation bands around the pupils. They look more like an elk or a caribou eye than a whitetail. The shape of the eye isn't bad, but certainly no better than the Van Dyke Natural eyes which are $4 cheaper. In fact, the eye resembles the paint jobof the Van Dykes ACV and 3CV eyes . The "best" eye, IN MY OPINION, still has Joe's name on it,but it's sold by Tohickon and it's the Meder IQ eye and it costs the same thing as the "new" eye.

5. O too bought a couple pair, I can simply say this. Back to Tohickeon for me.

6. Hedhuntr

Hedhuntr New Member

Can't agree with you guys more. I absolutely do not like the eye look, shape is good, color is good but I have never seen banding in a deer eye. As far as it reflecting the light it doesn't. It just looks like wavy lines to me. Back to the IQ eyes for me too.

7. mjvaden

mjvaden New Member

they SUCK!!! all they did was take a Meder IQ and ruined it I guess just enough to not infringe the patent.

My last several orders from McKenzie They have slipped in their Mckenzie eyes including these Liquid lens junk in place of the tohickeon eyes. and that last several times they have had to send replacements. I now have to ask and clarify that they are indeed sending me tohickeon brand and not their crap.

on a side not mckenzie eyes make pretty good mold keys... that is about all I would use them for.

8. millardtaxi

millardtaxi JOHN 3:3

headhunter, to answer your question the mark does go to the front, i think thats all you were asking wasnt it :)

9. Mr.T

Mr.T New Member

I love them! I only wish I could build my deer good enough to go with these great eyes.

10. George

Michael I never thought about that. It's EXACTLY what they've done. Just a gimmick.

11. josh s.

josh s. Active Member

I dont mind them i guess but I am switching back to tohickon.......these eyes also dont seem to clean up as easy....has anybody else noticed that?

12. ncdeerhunter2002

ncdeerhunter2002 New Member

I use the Briteck, ACV on my commercial work and some pre rotated white banded eyes, if a customer request those high dollar ones they pay for them.

13. Tohickon

Tohickon New Member

I definitely have a bias in this conversation but would like to mention: We fully support all of the distributors of the Tohickon product line but if you have any trouble getting hold of the Tohickon Joe Meder eye, just give us a call or call around. There are other suppliers who also carry the original Joe Meder eye. I don't want to try to list them here and risk leaving someone out. If you call Tohickon, orders over $50 are free shipping. That's about three pairs of those eyes and a bird eye or something. Plus we have a new and more capable customer service staff. Hope that helps.

14. Tohickon

Tohickon New Member

P.S. - I'm so glad so many of you like the original product.

15. I agree with George on this one , The original Meder eye's are easier to set and look better imo.

16. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

Tony, you and your staff really have it together now!! Just want to say thanks for the excellent service!

17. I feel the same way as most here. I bought several pair and can't find a good pair in the bunch. air bubbles scratches and poor painting. Back to IQ for me as well.

18. Toeknee22

Toeknee22 New Member

I'm not a huge fan Of the liquid lens but I did find a pic with the bars on here[​IMG]

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

19. George

Those "bars" are simply a reflection of the strata inside the fluid of the eye. The black bars painted on the new Meder eye perhaps were INTENDED to replicate that, but they end up being so pronounced they look like the caribou and elk eye which DO have definitive striations. But again, that's just MY OPINION. I won't be investing on any of them in the future. I'll go make to the Tohickon Meder eye where Joe should have stopped.

20. I too prefer the Tohickon eyes. If you order direct from them you ensure you get good eyes. And FREE shipping!!!!!!

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine