1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

meder liquid lens

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by Hedhuntr, Feb 3, 2012.

1. livbucks

livbucks Well-Known Member

I like both the original Meder IQ and the new Meder eyes. Seems that what is wrong with one version is right with the other. I would use either one. Oh...and......
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    George Roof needs glasses.

2. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

Uh, Greg, speaking of needing glasses; weren't you able to see my avatar???????????????????????????

3. livbucks

George Roof needs some new glasses. I need to find mine.

4. kikkertinz

kikkertinz Glass half full

LMAO!

5. Harvestmoontaxi

Harvestmoontaxi Lake of the woods walleyes

Original Meder and occasionaly a prerotated Tohickon

6. livbucks

Meder IQ eyes have more depth. With that depth, which is nice in itself, comes a lack of detail or blurriness if you will. The new Meder eyes have that detail but lack the depth. Pick your poison.

The Meder IQ eyes have a general oblique shape to them and the new Meder eyes have a definite corneal bulge where the eyelid can lay around. The only people who are going to be looking at them so closely are the taxidermists. From viewing distances, a customer would be pleased with either one. I think both are fine eyes. I have a hard time picking a favorite. George's optometrist made a typo on his prescription.

7. antlerman

antlerman NTA Life Member #0118

Eddie, your work is just phenomenal. If I didn't know how talented you are, I would swear that is a real deers eye. But seeing how it has so many bars in it as G pointed out these have to be the new liquid eyes, because they just don't look right. LOL

8. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

I see the strata in the real deer's eyes, not one dimensional LINES around the pupil. Did you notice that the scleral band is divided by a BROWN ring instead of a black one and the sclera is actually tea stained instead of WHITE?

9. livbucks

I would never use that eye. George wouldn't like it.

10. WFT

WFT New Member

I like the original meder and the new.....my customers have made more good comments on the new liquid lens than any other I have in the shop. Just preference. Personally I dont want to be still hung up in the 60's era, so bring on the new and improved.

11. livbucks

George likes blue glint or whatever the Hell they were called. Maybe he used pieces of coal. Who knows.

12. MAC1

MAC1 Member

Do you prefer the medium or the dark?

13. WFT

WFT New Member

I personally like the medium...nothing wrong with the darker color and actually the darker may look more natural. If you have flourescent lights in your home or shop it does make them stand out at a distance.