1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Vocational rehab help

Discussion in 'Training' started by jasrking, Feb 7, 2012.

1. jasrking

jasrking New Member

I have been trying to get funding through state vocational rehab to attend taxidermy training. My counselor has asked me to put a proposal together to convince him that this is a profitable profession as well as employment opportunities if I decide not to start my own shop. After looking through all the threads on this forum topic I see some have succeeded in getting vocational rehab to pay for tuition and sometimes even tools. I am looking for anyone who might have some documentation to help me prove my case to my counselor; maybe someone who went to school on vocational rehab and now works as a taxidermist. Any help or suggestions on even where to start this proposal would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks
    Jason
    [email protected]

2. BMW

BMW New Member

Hi Jason-
    I would suggest giving Vicki a call at the Northwest Iowa School of Taxidermy. She has worked with students and counselors with voc rehab for many years and is very familiar with the process. I think she could be a great help to you. Good luck.
    Brett

Northwest Iowa School of Taxidermy
    1-800-488-3256
    www.matuskataxidermy.com
    email [email protected]

3. sid

sid New Member

I have work with many rehab students give a call and let me help you get started www.secondcreation.com. 913-422-3111 i have a taxidermy school in Kansas city ks.

4. cutting edge taxidermy

cutting edge taxidermy New Member

i would recomend North Florida School of Taxidermy they are very good with dealing with voc rehab and the training is awesome

good luck