1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Pat Catan's!!

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by Nina Lukaszewicz, Apr 19, 2007.

1. Nina Lukaszewicz

Nina Lukaszewicz Outdoor Dreams Taxidermy

How many of you have a Pat Catan's craft store near you? Well, I do and yesterday my mom and I took a drive there so I could buy some more drawing supplies (they have the best inventory of any craft store I've been to) Did you guys know that they carry airbrushes? I thought it was really cool. They had this glass case with all kinds of airbrushes, the two I remember are the Paasche and Iwata's...Anyways they had whole kits to start out with, as well as any spare parts you would need....and lots of accessories. I know if I ever choose to buy another airbrush, I will go there. Since they upgraded their store they also have lots of other things for use in taxidermy, I love shopping there now! lol

2. I hate shopping grrrrr!!

3. circleh

circleh New Member

Ohio
    Hey, Nina. Thats where I just got my new airbrush. They had a great price on it, and I saved on the shipping. It's only about a 15 min drive from my house. And you are right about all the stuff they have. I went in there with my wife about a month ago for the first time and couldn't believe the selection. There is a lot of stuff that I can get right here instead of ordering all the time.

4. fesekula

fesekula Active Member

Yes Nina, Pat Catan's is 3 minutes from the house that is a outlet store. I can spend a hour in there with all of there neat art stuff that blends in with the taxidermy trade. They also carry airbush paint that I have used for years.

5. JEJ

JEJ Active Member

PA
    Nina, I got one here by me in Western PA as well. They have some cool habitat stuff as well.

6. MONSTER140

MONSTER140 New Member

ohio
    Pat Catans and the Dollar Store are two of my favorites.

7. Nina Lukaszewicz

Nina Lukaszewicz Outdoor Dreams Taxidermy

I also saw the same exact oil paint that WASCO carries in their gamehead finishing kits, but yeah there is definately so much stuff there! I had $200 to blow there, had to remind myself not to spend it all lol.

8. Jaz

Jaz New Member

I just picked up some artificial grape vines there. Awesome place for a taxidermist.

9. Todd K

Todd K New Member

You gotta hit them places at just the right time of year. Especially if your looking for fall leaves and stuff. I get my stuff at Catan's or Micheals. But I still get alot of my habitat stuff out in the woods.

10. buck

buck Member

their prices on airbrushes are really good I got empty plastic bottles with tips you cut off been using them instead of buying the ez nose only 1.75 there

11. TrailsEnd

TrailsEnd Don't forget the elderly, the young and disabled

I blow a lot of money in that place. I am trying to get out of my bad habits but I think I might need counseling.