1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

What is everyone working on !!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by VS1, Apr 19, 2007.

1. hoytman

hoytman UTA Member

replacement cape on my first bow kill 17 yrs ago

Here is a buck I put on a meder offset heads up series. I chickened out on the flehmen mouthpeice, as it would have dont this mount even more justice. Anyway finished him yesterday with the mule deer. My dad took it to a taxidermist when I was 15. a few days after I got him, I purchased a cape on here to give him his own place on the wall. I really enjoyed doing the meder form, fit like a glove for the cape I got. His antlers aren't set wrong. the deer had antlers that came straight out of his head and the tines pointed back. At age 15 I can still remember running to the house screaming I had just arrowed a monster.. he had points going all over. (ground shrinkage) LMAO now, anyway he dresses over 200lbs, MN deer taken oct 5 1989.

Second is a pic of the previous deer and a few florida deer I mounted up. My cousin in MN and I did the moose in the picture

2. cht

cht New Member

Last of the life size bears from last fall. What a good feeling.

3. Nina Lukaszewicz

Nina Lukaszewicz Outdoor Dreams Taxidermy

very nice work guys! Hoytman I love the deer mounts.

4. 300savage

300savage Life Is Good

PA
    I know PA has that rule

5. Cole

Cole Amateur Taxidermist

A NW MO bowkill from 2006. I thought it had a nice cape and a nice, heavy set of antlers. Sorry for the poor picture quality.

6. BWS

BWS New Member

Nina...love the tattoo drawing ;D

I will have to post pics when it becomes flesh art...LOL ;)

Thanks for drawing it, btw...good job.

7. hoytman

hoytman UTA Member

Thanks NINA, I like you work as well. My daughter is aspiring to become a taxidermist too and live at home forever.... NOOOOO! We'll the taxidermist thing is a great idea. Keep up the good work yourself, I like looking at your work and artwork.

8. BillFromPa

BillFromPa Active Member

Cole , you better get that out of the road before I come take it....LMAO ..Just kidding. It looks great.

9. Nina Lukaszewicz

I'm about to mount this little doe cape. My dad shot it in archery season in WV. It was a liver shot, so he let her run and left her alone, came back and trailed and found her the next day. It didn't help that he put salt over the raw unfleshed cape and put it in a cooler for two days for his trip home (Should have sent some Stop Rot with him) Hairs are still falling out on the shoulders but the Krowtann for the most part saved this cape and set most of the hair. I'm glad I was able to save it, it is really pretty, short haired with a double white patch. More pictures to come later, here is one of it after I neutralized. I'm proud of this tanning job lol, it's probably one of my best, and very clean. (Face fleshing still needs done)

[​IMG]

10. cht

cht New Member

very nice hide work.

11. 300savage

300savage Life Is Good

PA
    CHT love the bear Im a bear guy myself. Which pose is that?

Doug

12. Vellu

Vellu New Member

Just finished roe deer :-\

13. Nina Lukaszewicz

Just finished mounting the doe.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. Artie mags

Artie mags New Member

Very nice as always Nina!

15. TRAPPERGIRL

TRAPPERGIRL Proud Member-Taxidermy M.A.F.I.A. & Taxinet Clique

really good Nina

16. Good Job Nina, looks great

17. Nina Lukaszewicz

thanks guys. Can anyone make a comment on my ear butts? I'm still waiting for a reference cast I'm going to order, which will help me a lot, but for now I have to use my reference photos...and that's just not enough so I can't wait to get 3d reference. Is there anything I should fix on this deer before it dries?

18. cht

cht New Member

CHT love the bear Im a bear guy myself. Which pose is that?

Doug

Doug thats from Van Dykes 01009022 with the McKenzie change out head with the new cast lip/nose.
    Chris

19. mitchman

mitchman my dog was tired

nina i think the ears look good but with the pic i saw you post last time of what your trying to do wouldnt the ears be farther back.

anyways i have recently been doing red squirrels. got 8 skins ready to mount. forms are on the way. ill post pics when im done. i have also recently aquired a baby porqupine that i will be working on tomarrow. anyone have any ideas on how to make a form for this little guy cuz i know ya cant buy one. ???

nice work everyone. ;D

20. Nina Lukaszewicz

mitchman, yeah I wanted to put the ears back further in reference to that pic, but they just didn't look right on that mount to me. So they aren't as back that far right now.

mitchman, for the porcupine, you should do a carcass cast. I would explain it to you but there's too much info to go over, so you should look in the molding and casting forum for some info. my fox is coming along pretty good, i just need to mold the body. the legs are done.