1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

What is everyone working on !!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by VS1, Apr 19, 2007.

1. mrlamb

mrlamb New Member

That is a great mount on an awsome buck.

2. Just got done fleshing my 1st buffalo for a shoulder mount, that was quite an experience. Still have the back half to do for the rug. Will post pics when through. Couldn't beat the price for the hide ($20) & do the skull for the guy. I had to skin it, so at least I know what I started with.
    Darwin

3. Nina Lukaszewicz

Nina Lukaszewicz Outdoor Dreams Taxidermy

Just finished my browsing buck mount.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. B KENNEDY

B KENNEDY “THE YOUNG GUN”

OHIO
    well for the first time I'm going to jump in on this. Just finished up a few days ago and the one on the left just went home.

5. RoyalOaksRanch

RoyalOaksRanch Royal Oaks Taxidermy- When Quality Counts...

This one is drying, then on to the finishing work :) Its a kids very first buck :)

[​IMG]

6. BFox

BFox Member

Oops, I posted this in the wrong place. I'll try again!

This is a deer from 1958, 48" wide and scored 241. This is my 85 year old father standing next to it.

7. BFox

BFox Member

My mistake the deer is only 40" wide not 48" Bill

8. finished up a couple weeks ago not the best pic or angle ,but it is to late for another one

9. KevinH

KevinH Active Member

heres one I got done wednesday.

[​IMG]

10. buckhunter

buckhunter Member

UK
    Joe i love that bear! Real nice markings.

11. Nina Lukaszewicz

very nice deer kevin

12. Boxie

Boxie New Member

Brow job on a very nice deer. Finished picture to follow,,,,Boxie

13. Boxie

Boxie New Member

Ok, here is the finished mount,,,,Boxie

14. cattrax

cattrax Beats being in the shop!

Boxie, Did you free hand that brow or did you cast the other side? I've made molds out of some points with latex and then stuffed the mold with Magic Sculp. Wondering what you did.

15. The ears drummed. Effing pissed me off! :mad:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. Nina Lukaszewicz

Today I worked on painting the interior of my new shop and moving some of my stuff in...We are dividing our garage in half and this is the side I get to work on. Soon my dad is building a wall to separate the two sides, and putting in my tables. This is what it looks like so far.

[​IMG]

After I was done I got bored and did a photo shoot. I just figured out how to use the timer on my digital camera. lol

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. mdupertuis

mdupertuis Active Member

Nina, you sound like you have a very supportive dad. Awesome that you are getting more area to work in. I'm about to build the same type of wall in my garage so I can put in an A/C unit. It is in the high 90's here with 80% or higher humidity.....terrible for mounting and drying animals. Good luck in your improved shop!

18. It's awesome that your dad is helping you out like that! I should have my new shop by the end of the month, if the concrete guy ever gets my floor done!

I have spent the weekend working on my website. I didn't like the looks of my original site so I took it down and redid the whole thing. I just finished uploading it this morning. I'll have to take some more photos for it tonight though, to add to the gallery. Photographing mounts without someone to help you move them is hard work!

19. Jerry

Jerry New Member

Just finished this buck last night.

20. Boxie

Boxie New Member

cattrax,

Sorry for the late answer but I have been in South Texas checking out the effect of all the rains. On that brow point,,,,I did it all by hand using antler and seam repair putty. I got the basic shape then once it began to harden I came over with another layer and sculpted the detail in.

take care,

Boxie