1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

This will be a bruiser...

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by dsbragg, Feb 10, 2012.

1. Illinois deer coming up to be mounted, has a 173" typical 11 point rack to go with it. I just rinsed it after tanning and was getting ready to roll it in a towel and as I just laid it out realized how big he is, hide is just pushed out, still need to stretch it out by hand and measure skin side but most of you know about how big he will be then. Slob buck....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Hoosiertaxman

Hoosiertaxman Papa's Pride & Joy

Thats a slob alright Dennis, does his hardware match the size of the cape?

3. Yep, Yep that is a good ole biggin.

4. Thanks for sharing Dennis,can't wait to see that one,what a monster or should I say stud !!!!

5. JEJ

JEJ Active Member

PA
    His post says its a 173 inch 11 pt so I would say so!

6. Yes he does, little over 173" gross. :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Dennis, thats a big buck, but whats that freshly rubbed rack hanging in the bottom left of that last pick

8. Cam, that is a set of whitetail antlers from a ranch I do work for. It was one of his bucks that got sick while in velvet and passed, was a three year old that is just over 210". Big to me but not to him I guess, I asked if I could have it when I saw it laying in the cooler since I could tell it had been in there a while. I cleaned it up and will do something with it someday. It is an awesome set of bone, lot's of character.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. kikkertinz

kikkertinz Glass half full

i NEVER get tired of looking at huge antlers...thanks for sharing!

10. You can call that the crucifix buck! Awesome character!

11. Iam glad to see Iam not the only one that uses those green little clips from home depot for my ears :) thats a brute of a deer. cant wait to see when done. thanks for sharing
    Dennis

12. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

Character deluxe!

13. lol...they are good little clips. :)